Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

cheap IR filter


styropyro

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
5,385
Likes
477
Points
0
You have to remove the IR blocking filter i9n the camera for the film trick to work well. Just take out the IR blocking filter, glue the film in it's place and you have yourself an IR camera.

IR cameras like IR lasers ;)
 

Attachments

Petrovski

New member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
475
Likes
1
Points
0
Cool pic! Actually I have some old digital camera's I can tweak for this purpose. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the film wear in time?
 

styropyro

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
5,385
Likes
477
Points
0
Petrovski said:
Cool pic! Actually I have some old digital camera's I can tweak for this purpose. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the film wear in time?
I'm not sure if the effectiveness of the film drops over time, but every digital camera I have modded still works, I modded one a year ago and it still works just a good as when I first modded it.
 

diachi

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
9,447
Likes
1,322
Points
113
Can I do this with my camera phone, it picks up IR ( I did the TV remote test ;D )

Thats probably a really stupid question ;D

Diachi
 

styropyro

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
5,385
Likes
477
Points
0
Diachi said:
Can I do this with my camera phone, it picks up IR ( I did the TV remote test ;D )

Thats probably a really stupid question ;D

Diachi
Yeah you can, but you will have to take apart your phone to take out the IR filter and put in the film.
 

diachi

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
9,447
Likes
1,322
Points
113
It has no IR filter, can I not just attach the film over the front lens ?


Diachi
 

styropyro

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
5,385
Likes
477
Points
0
DiachiLaser said:
It has no IR filter, can I not just attach the film over the front lens ?


Diachi
How do you know that it doesn't have a filter? Even with a filter it can let some IR light through. But if you are positive that it doesn't have an IR filter, you can just put the film over the lens.
 




Top