Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

charging adapters to fit ANY SIZE li-ion into an 18650 charger (Pila IBC or other)

I make and sell these

I made a few of these for myself, and they worked so well I decided to make some for sale. These are delrin with metal (or aluminum) posts pressed in, to allow easily charging different sized batteries in a charger designed for 18650s.

The 10440 to 18650 adapter (white one in pictures) is $7 (See note at end of post)
The 14500 to 18650 adapter (black one in pictures) is $7
The 16340 to 18650 spacer is $4
The magnet based to 18650 adapter is $15 (it will easily charge any size li-ion)
The magnet based to 16340 adapter is $15 (it will easily charge any size li-ion) (not shown in pictures)
MagWires are $5 a set (one black, one red with 12" of wire)

I make all these to order and ship as soon as possible. Sometimes I keep a stock of some of these, but I can always make what you want. Post here or email me with what you want.

I can make these in pretty much any color (that I can get plastic in). If you want a different color let me know.

I can make these for pretty much any size battery you want, just let me know what you want.

These can also be used as battey spacers in flashlight builds that require them. If you need a specific size spacer, let me know what you want and I can make it.

If you want something else like this stuff, just ask and I can probably make it for you.

Shipping is $3 per order in the USA. Worldwide orders PM for shipping rates (probably $6).

PayPal to martin (at) martinwhite (dot) name
PM for address to send MO or check.

Martin D. White

Orange wire was only used on the prototype. All adapters use red and black 22 gauge multistrand wire now.
IMG_5739.JPG

Magnet Based adapter charging 32650s from a Pila IBC.
IMG_5941.JPG

10440 adapter and a 16340 adapter both in use in Charger.
IMG_5742.JPG

IMG_5929.JPG

Black one is for 14500, white is for 10440
IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5836.JPG

IMG_5842.JPG

MagWires rare earth magnets soldered on the end of 12" 18 gauge wire
IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

A Note on Charging 10440 (in the Pila IBC Charger shown above): (From another internet forum on Flashlights)

Pila - IBC Charger (review) :

*Don't run 10440 cells below 3.8 volts resting. The Pila IBC has a maximum charge rate of 600 mA, and the 10440 cells are about 320 mAh, so approaching 2C on a fully empty cell, but if the cell is around half full, the voltage will quickly climb to 4.2 volts and then the current will quickly drop off. Don’t charge an empty (3.3 volts resting) 10440 cell with it, but if it is closer to half empty, it is pushing things, but still will be reasonably safe. The 10440 cell suffer a loss of cycle life by doing this, but that may be acceptable to some.

NEVER charge RCR2 or 10180.

Last edited:

i like this. people can buy 2 18650 hosts and just use one and a boost driver.

michael.

You might as well buy a WF-188 charger if you're gonna spend additional money for these along with your actual non WF-188 charger.

obviously it's best to buy the right thing the first time. but that isn't the point here.

Which charger you buy is up to you. I looked at the wf series and choose the pila IBC after reading the reviews and technical details. The wf series all seemed to have termination issues and the charging profile was not as nice as the profile of the pila. All the reviews I read pointed me to get the pila. It costs a little more, but it has been worth it, and now it can also charge all the battery sizes I use from 10440 to 32650.

There are also a whole series of "hobby" chargers that don't include the cradle that can use the mag wires to easily charge any size battery.

Which charger you buy is up to you. I looked at the wf series and choose the pila IBC after reading the reviews and technical details. The wf series all seemed to have termination issues and the charging profile was not as nice as the profile of the pila. All the reviews I read pointed me to get the pila. It costs a little more, but it has been worth it, and now it can also charge all the battery sizes I use from 10440 to 32650.

There are also a whole series of "hobby" chargers that don't include the cradle that can use the mag wires to easily charge any size battery.

Okay, suit yourself :). I have TOO many WF chargers lol.

i already made a valid point. it isnt just about the charger. if you read all the posts then yo would know.

some people like the 2 battery hosts but don't want to use a linear driver. so these make great spacers.

i already made a valid point. it isnt just about the charger. if you read all the posts then yo would know.

some people like the 2 battery hosts but don't want to use a linear driver. so these make great spacers.

I assumed you were talking about chargers earlier..as you were so vague in your posting..How should i know you werent talking about them?

I recently made a run of these in a 16340 to magnets size. They are the same price as the 18650 to magnet size $15. Let me know if you are interested.