Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

changing this weapon sight laser diode from red to green?

hello all. ive been a memeber of the forum for a while but i really just surf and read. this is my first thread....awesome community you guys have here with a great hobby.

this is what im up against right now i have the internals of this sight removed and ive taken a picture to show..
would anyone know how to remove the laser diode from this modual? (sorry if im using the wrong terms)
also does anyone know what diode would be suitable to replace it with?

Attachments

• 20130124_150939.jpg
    20130124_150939.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 411

stay with red. it has a smaller impact on night vision and runs cooler.
going with green may affect night vision and since it runs hotter, introduces the need for heat sinking. If you drop it or pistol whip someone, it could break the green diode, because they are delicate.

Your choice. Do you want simple or complicated?

Last edited:

jimdt7

Well first of all a green module isn't going to fit in there....:beer:

Jim

Encap

👉 Maybe the OP is time traveler visiting the future from time to time and received the above answers 7 years ago when visiting, and we are just creating the posts of the time he went to/visited, so all is fine, well, and good /the way it should be--or something like that? 👈
lol

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Heheh that could be. Welcome to the future. A lot has changed in 7 years, namely diodes which would have worked just fine for a replacement.

gazer101

lol I didn't even notice (hey, I didn't start the necro!)

Today's thermal sights make a troop in a ghillie suit stand out like a sore thumb, even in heavy fog/smoke a totally passive thermal gives em away, I just wish the prices would come on down.

Actually the Chinese stuff is getting cheaper and better,I haven't owned one of these yet but they look pretty good.

Maxwel III

The first time I was ever introduced to "Night-Vision" - back the in the 1980s it was totally classified technology and unavailable to the public. The thing I used was about TWO Kilo monocular like a big telescope that strapped on to your dominant eye. We referred to this amazing gadget as a "Star Light"

Reason for use - don't burst out laughing, everyone - was to spot or track nocturnal insect pests destroying fruit crops. Nothing military.....I was doing some survey work for Dep't Agriculture. When finished my night's work I'd have to sign it back to the spook who was in charge of custody.

How things have changed. But - yeh - very impressed. You could see ants on the ground and you could count the number of moths flying round laying eggs on fruit