Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Catdog's bluray pointer

catdog

Thanks guys!

rog8811 - I appreciate that a regulated circuit is always going to be better, but given the choice I wanted mine to be as small as possible! On saying that, your case looks pretty nice :)

yobresal - I didn't connect up the diode until it was in the aixiz module this time, but the diode in the first one I made was very elliptical without the lens.

I have one of my BR diodes hooked up to an elly flashlight that just cam today from DX. I read somewhere that the elly would not provide enough Voltage for the diode yet I am lasing. Has anyone else tried the Elly?

Benm

Just a quick question: how did you remove the blu ray diode from its mounting bracket? An from there into the 6mm module?

catdog

The easiest way to remove the diode from the mounting bracket is to hold the bracket on either side using two pairs of pliers, and twist them in opposite directions. The bracket will bend quite easily, and the diode will just fall out without you even touching it!

To push it into the aixiz module, I placed a small socket over the pins and used that to push the diode in (so to not bend the pins).

Getting the diode removed is harder than i expected, be careful with the pins.

S

SenKat

catdog said:
The easiest way to remove the diode from the mounting bracket is to hold the bracket on either side using two pairs of pliers, and twist them in opposite directions.  The bracket will bend quite easily, and the diode will just fall out without you even touching it!

To push it into the aixiz module, I placed a small socket over the pins and used that to push the diode in (so to not bend the pins).

I had not even thought of doing that ! Thanks for the wonderful insight :)

May have missed this, but where did you get the original flashlight/redlaser that you used at?

thanks

catdog

m3-dude said:
May have missed this, but where did you get the original flashlight/redlaser that you used at?

thanks
It was on ebay, although the seller is no longer registered. I'm pretty sure that it is the same one as sold by dealextreme