Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cant open mine help plz

Griney

Ok i have a 5mw here and its a long silver one, only silver and like a half inch top for it and some bumps pushed in near the bottom and i cant seem to get this things dang top off at all ive clamped it (not the best clamp) and used some plyers to unscrew it but nothing... its really anoying i dunno if mine just doesnt or its a pull i guess maybe or if im twisting in wrong direction, i mean im twisting it to the right not left cause thats what i saw in vids and i tried the left, (twisting in opposite direction of how to take bats out bart) any info if i cant or not would be nice. Ill post pic soon if i can.

If you want to get the top off to "pot mod" it, don't.
If your laser even has a potentiometer, adjusting it will likely kill your laser.

Chances are, if you have no idea how the laser operates, disassembling it will be a waste of time and money.

If you want to get it off, you can try applying a relatively low amount of heat to the top. This should soften any epoxy or glue and expand the metal enough to come off with a little force.
If that doesn't work or you don't want to burn up your laser, you can try the wood block method.

Don't even try to pot-mod it.
That video on youtube is BS...
The crystal inside will oversaturate, or the diode will die.