Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cant get the cap off >.< POT MODDING HELP?

Im trying to pot mod my 5mW ebayser cause, well... its only an ebayser  ;D
But I cant get the silver end off (it looks like a DX laser) to pot mod it.
Whats the easiest way to get it off?

Re: Cant get the cap off >.<

Do a search on here for the "Wood block" method.... use a vise, and two pieces of wood to clamp on the tip....

Razako

Don't even waste your time trying to mod an ebayser. Those things are already maxed out and made with the cheapest components around.

its only 5mW, Ive got nothing to lose... Im getting the DX30 soonish so Ill need this no more.
Cheers SenKat :)

When I pot modded my 5mw from DX, I simply used A LOT of force to get the front cap off. And it could actually be worth the effort, I pot modded mine to estimatedly ~50mw, because it could burn black leather a little. But of course it's life was shortened to a couple of hours, so if you want to have a living laser - leave the pot alone. ;)

I only want to up it to about 15mW so its easier to see the beam in the dark.
btw whats the cheapest blu-ray you can find around here?
Lowest Ive seen is $160 so far, and Ive been searching for god knows how long :D

I think that I saw a ~80mw blu-ray for about 100 bucks not long ago, but I can't find it anymore. Although, if you are looking for most power for the money, choose IgorT:s BR for a little less than $200. He says that you can get >125mw out of his 803T BR. :p

Nice, might have to save up for one of them methinks.

About the pot mod, the cap's off (well, I might have gone in backwards and taken it out, but Ive got the module, diode, driverboard and crystls all working) but I cant see the variable resistor, or anything, to screw :-/
I hope I didnt do this all for nothing.
108il2w.jpg

LazerGuy said:
He says that you can get >125mw out of his 803T BR. :p

He's actually gotten 147mW at 177ma before without it blowing. He wouldn't recommend you do leave it like that though.

Yeah but I mean at a safe current, at about 125mA. BTW, why do you have "a cool 500mw from IgorT" in your sig? But of course, as you are a villageidiot, you may think that the power will be that high. ;D

LazerGuy said:
Yeah but I mean at a safe current, at about 125mA. BTW, why do you have "a cool 500mw from IgorT" in your sig? But of course, as you are a villageidiot, you may think that the power will be that high. ;D

He's making fun of everyone putting that in their signatures ;)

JamesHooper said:
Nice, might have to save up for one of them methinks.

About the pot mod, the cap's off (well, I might have gone in backwards and taken it out, but Ive got the module, diode, driverboard and crystls all working) but I cant see the variable resistor, or anything, to screw :-/
108il2w.jpg

looks like yours just doesn't have a pot :p

MarioMaster said:
[quote author=JamesHooper link=1213900672/0#7 date=1213910214]Nice, might have to save up for one of them methinks.

About the pot mod, the cap's off (well, I might have gone in backwards and taken it out, but Ive got the module, diode, driverboard and crystls all working) but I cant see the variable resistor, or anything, to screw  :-/
108il2w.jpg

looks like yours just doesn't have a pot  :p[/quote]

Noooooooooooo! >.<
I ripped the whole thing apart ¬_¬
now to try to put it into another housing I have.
Next time Ill listen to you lot, aha.

That's weird, I thought all NewWish style lasers had variable resistors... Strange.

nahh, was only an ebayser, but it looked identical to DX.
Im ordering a true30 tonight, good old daaaaddy :D