Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can't decide which laser

USAbro

laserbtb is pretty good, quality and price wise, you can't go wrong with them! Plus most of their lasers are over-spec.

I would like to add a minor flaw I found when purchasing one of their laserbtb pens, was the fact that there wasn't a way to cancel my order(even after emailiing them) so make sure you know what you want before clicking that "Checkout" button :D

-Alex

Thanks Alex, and what laser would you recommend out of what I posted?

Thanks Alex, and what laser would you recommend out of what I posted?

It really is up to you.

You already have a pretty strong 445nm so to me buying another one which is a little stronger seems like a little bit of something you might regret. If I had to pick I would go with 520nm since it's not as common and it's brighter during the night then the more common 532nm's lasers!

-Alex

USAbro

It depends, if I'm impressed with the price, I might get either. I have to sleep on it or a day or two.
I just wish Laserbtb had a 520nm for $100, I would go for it.

They have the 100mW for 123$ it sounds maybe much but its worth it if you ask me and its very bright for being just 100 , or just buy the 50mW for 86$ if u dont want spend over 100$.

USAbro

I think what I'm gonna do is get the 100mw 405 and get the 80mw 532 pen.

Pman

Don't think you are going to be satisfied unless you get another 445nm.

USAbro

Don't think you are going to be satisfied unless you get another 445nm.
Maybe ur right that is my gut feeling. So I think maybe it will be the sflaser 1 watt.
Pman sayin the truth again!

Pman

520nm is nicer but is just another green and I don't think you'll be satisfied with another lower powered unit UNTIL you get a high powered one again. You would get the 520nm and like it but wish you had purchased the blue.

nah dont get 532 pen, dull cant focus it or anything 520 is nice and its diode and very bright but its your choice, dont forget a 405 is very dim even in total darkness the beam is not much visible to the eye.

USAbro

Yep, I'm going for the 445 from Eitan. Just gotta wait to make sure the claim is settled with visa for something another seller lost in transit, cause that's what I'm using to pay for it.

And don't anybody worry, this time I'll keep my pals machining tools, far from fragile diodes. :)

Last edited:

USAbro

Oh no guys I might get this one.
And thanks for those who showed me how to embed a URL! Anyways, I watched a video offroadfreak posted and it looked so cool, it has multiple modes and standby mode, it looks really cool, and there is a 6% discount code he provided too! I would go with sflasers but this one has cool modes, I'm sure I'm getting 445 but I'll decide whether it'll be sflasers or laserbtb at the time of purchase.

Guy I have a question. Is there much difference in burning power between a 1 watt and a 750mw 445?

Nah i wouldnt think so maybe a second faster here or there 1W will do vs a 750mW but thats so little difference , even a 500mW blue laser will burn pretty good and your eyes wont tell the difference either because you will have to use goggles anyway to protect your eyes and the beam will look more or less same, anything over 1w is just overkill and showoff a bit lower is better and u have longer runtimes on batteries.

Just buy whatever you feel is right for you and have fun!

Last edited:
Hi ,

I see you are straggling to decide.

The 1W 445nm I sell use the M140 diode with glass lens in the 501B with aluminium heatsink.

These diodes are being bought from our friend Jordan aka DTR.

This diode can do up to 2W+ if you will modify it in the future.

:beer: