Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can't Decide Between The Two

@Cad602

I picked mine up today, and I'm very happy with it. I mean it is significantly brighter than my 30mW, and 50mW not really a fair comparison there at all.

Comparing next to a cheapie "200mW" it is also much brighter. This laser has definitely met expectation. The fact that it uses cr123 or 18650 is a good bonus.

As for the shipping, I ordered my laser on April 1st, with express shipping. Here's the tracking info:

Delivered, April 16, 2011, 12:43 pm, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available), April 15, 2011, 11:48 am, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Out for Delivery, April 15, 2011, 8:42 am, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Sorting Complete, April 15, 2011, 8:32 am, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Arrival at Post Office, April 15, 2011, 6:25 am, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Processed through Sort Facility, April 15, 2011, 1:38 am, TETERBORO, NJ 07699
Inbound International Arrival, April 13, 2011, 10:05 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, April 09, 2011, 4:09 pm, SINGAPORE SØ2, SINGAPORE
Foreign Acceptance, April 09, 2011, 3:09 pm, SINGAPORE
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

As you can see, once it went into system, with express, it was quite fast. I did find it unusual that there was no step listed for customs as there was on my other order. By far the longest part was for o-like to actually prepare the shipment.

Cad602

...so "not a fair comparisson to 50mW" sounds promising,.,much brighter then!

My "500mW" model from Dino Direct is putting out 70mW unfiltered and between 50 and 60mW with IR filter - depending on supernatural forces I can't quite understand...the batteries I'm guessing... :)

If you are looking for an LPM, I could recommend the one I got - the LaserBee 2.5 Watt.
It's been an eye opener and it's my favorite purchase of a tool - ever!
cad602

@Cad602

Do you have the USB laserbee or the regular one? I was planning to order the USB version last week, but saw a laser I had to have... so no budget for it for a little bit.

The 200mW transformable... I'm very happy with it. Played around at night it, and it produces a very clean beam, no mod hopping, lights a match easily.

Cad602

whoops sorry, I've got the usb version - I should say that when describing it - it's only the main feature!

I was going to buy the 'regular' one but it's out of stock (all the time apparently!) But now I can't imagine not having the usb version. Seems like there's less to go wrong also.

The setup wasn't exactly automatic, but it wasn't hard to set up either.

Your model sounds like it was worth the price if it's burning that fast.. Mine starts to make a hot spot on the back of my hand after about ten seconds...I just want something that is super ad-bass at night!

---cad602

Just sent money to Jerry for the 2.5W USB about an hour ago :)

The weak link in the transformable is the momentary on button on the side, but hopefully it will be fine. I mean it is perfect right now, just my previous experiences with this type of switch haven't been very positive.

Still, I'm happy with it. As for lighting a match, I did use the focal point. It burns only a little slower than a 250mW red laser, so that's something.

Hopefully I'll be able to give an LPM reading on all my lasers in a week or so :)

Cad602

Just sent money to Jerry for the 2.5W USB about an hour ago :)

The weak link in the transformable is the momentary on button on the side, but hopefully it will be fine. I mean it is perfect right now, just my previous experiences with this type of switch haven't been very positive.

Still, I'm happy with it. As for lighting a match, I did use the focal point. It burns only a little slower than a 250mW red laser, so that's something.

Hopefully I'll be able to give an LPM reading on all my lasers in a week or so :)

Where's the "like button" ? :)

& when you run out of lasers to test you can then test whatever eye protection you've got! Turns out that the $7 glasses I bought from Dino Direct are super effective at stopping laser radiation!

cad602---

There is one set of goggles I'm really not sure about. Haven't use them for that reason, want to test with LPM.

I have 8 lasers to test immediately and one on the way :D

Cad602

I just now was about to buy this when I noticed on careful third re-read, that it claims to have a green diode.

Now I know green diodes do in fact exist, but I thought this is new technology that hasn't made it to the main stream yet.

I had contacted the seller with another question, but didn't think to ask about how it could have a green diode.

I wonder if I should bust him on it, or just buy it and return it if I don't like it - I'm getting good at that. Heck, it could be an honest mental typo....I'm also good at that!

Cad602

Cad602

That is a "MODULE". Most likely one of these NEW 3.7-4.2V 532nm Green Laser 200mW Module Diode Lazer | eBay

It is the same thing they put into pen/cheap flashlight lasers lasers. You wont get a green diode off ebay. Not cheap at least.

I asked about it and he confirmed that they are 808 pumped and not green diodes - ...I'm Not sure why the description is so messed up...I didn't ask ...

I'll take a chance since in his answer he sounded techinically inclined and interested in my giving a good review for the forum...he also knows I have an LPM...so fingers crossed....From New York I should have it by the weekend.

cad602

Last edited:

Cad602

Paypal delayed me getting my order through, but that's a crazy storey! Anyway, the guy is going to test the unit and hopefully it's going to arrive next week.. I'm very interesested to see what 150mW looks like, and then I'm guessing I'll need more... but I think more A140's are in my future after this chapter is closed.

Cad602