Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CANCELED FEELER: XPL Lasers (LPF 15% discount instead)

KMitch

Nice, do you know when that will be?

I contacted him one hour ago and he responded almost immediately. His reply was

About the new host, I think we will complete it at the end of this month. Of course, if you need only the adjustable head, we can do it with our old shell.

Thanks,
Xiaopeng

So we're looking at the end of August with the new hosts.

I just realized that I need to post a lot more, given the amount of time I spend on the site. With Podo's 3W 445 that I just received, my 15mW Optotronics green, and the 1W green from XPL I'm hoping to order next month, I'm really getting into the hobby. I read so many posts it feels like I know all of you guys, but none of you know me. I'll try to get some reviews done this summer.

Reactions: Sta

Sta

I contacted him one hour ago and he responded almost immediately. His reply was

About the new host, I think we will complete it at the end of this month. Of course, if you need only the adjustable head, we can do it with our old shell.

Thanks,
Xiaopeng

So we're looking at the end of August with the new hosts.

I just realized that I need to post a lot more, given the amount of time I spend on the site. With Podo's 3W 445 that I just received, my 15mW Optotronics green, and the 1W green from XPL I'm hoping to order next month, I'm really getting into the hobby. I read so many posts it feels like I know all of you guys, but none of you know me. I'll try to get some reviews done this summer.

You do need to post a lot more! After all, if you know so much about people who know nothing about you, you're probably a stalker. :crackup:
2 days ago, Peng told me it would take about 2 weeks. Here's hoping that what he told me was right. :beer:
By the way, please list your lasers in your signature!

KMitch

Lasers, location, and profile pic added! I'll keep an eye out for updates from Xiaopeng, and XPL threads on reviews of their higher power 532 pointers and new hosts. There seem to be a few early problems, but let's see if the company can work out the kinks with their new hosts.

Last edited:
It seems that the popular Aliexpress listing for XPL's 532nm laser has ended or is out of stock. Does anyone know the details around the availability of their new host and whether or not it resolves mode-hopping?

Sta

Re: Proper 16340 Batteries for my 445nm 4W Laser

It seems that the popular Aliexpress listing for XPL's 532nm laser has ended or is out of stock. Does anyone know the details around the availability of their new host and whether or not it resolves mode-hopping?

I do not believe their new host is available yet, the listing ends periodically due to a bug in the AE software.

KMitch

They told me the new hosts would be ready on Sept. 30 just a couple weeks ago, but I keep checking back and don't see anything new. I really don't know at this point when they'll be ready.