Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can you take apart a press fit 5V module and modify the potentiometer?

miklemak

Forgive me if this a stupid question. I recently purchased a 12mw green line laser from civillaser.com

My utilization of it will be as a line guide for paint striping parking lots. It's definitely visible at night but in bright sunlight you cannot see the line very well. Is there a way to remove the hardware from a seemingly press fit housing and turn up the potentiometer inside if it even has one?

I'm going through this idea of making a more affordable laser guide system using a 5.0V 4x18650 battery pack and the laser in question. Both will be mounted to the painting machine. The company who makes the paint machine (graco) sells their own laser for over $2k which seems ridiculous because the specs on that is just a 24V 5mw laser powered by a deep cycle motorcycle style battery that mounts to the machine as well.

To be frank most people doing the parking lot striping are doing it at night. I just want something that would work in daylight as well. Obviously I can purchase another higher mw laser for daytime but I'm trying to avoid that if possible for now.

I've been geeking out pretty hard over lasers the last month and I appreciate anyone chiming in with more knowledge!

Attachments

• 520nm 12mw dot line cross laser module (1).jpg
    520nm 12mw dot line cross laser module (1).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230207_145203_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_145203_Chrome.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 4

I believe it is unlikely you will be able to modify this to get enough optical power to be seen well in daylight. Diodes that can be seen in sunlight are far more powerful. Sorry to be the barer of bad news. The NDG7475 diode come to mind.

Forgive me if this a stupid question. I recently purchased a 12mw green line laser from civillaser.com

My utilization of it will be as a line guide for paint striping parking lots. It's definitely visible at night but in bright sunlight you cannot see the line very well. Is there a way to remove the hardware from a seemingly press fit housing and turn up the potentiometer inside if it even has one?

I'm going through this idea of making a more affordable laser guide system using a 5.0V 4x18650 battery pack and the laser in question. Both will be mounted to the painting machine. The company who makes the paint machine (graco) sells their own laser for over $2k which seems ridiculous because the specs on that is just a 24V 5mw laser powered by a deep cycle motorcycle style battery that mounts to the machine as well.

To be frank most people doing the parking lot striping are doing it at night. I just want something that would work in daylight as well. Obviously I can purchase another higher mw laser for daytime but I'm trying to avoid that if possible for now.

I've been geeking out pretty hard over lasers the last month and I appreciate anyone chiming in with more knowledge!

If you modify your laser item and anyone gets injured from it's use, then it is you alone who will be responsible, we are hobbyist and can not give you legal or professional advise, we can offer only non professional opinions, also be aware that any laser over 5mw has the potential to cause permanent loss of vision and lifelong visual disability.