Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can you help me ? Please

TheBlackPowder

Good evening, it's been several weeks that I try to find the perfect site to buy a laser, I had found the laser From sanwu 3000mw and 445nm but I saw a few of negative reviews about this laser on your forum... Can you help me? Give me your opinion ? Sanwu is serious?​

Snecho

Sanwu is one of two of the best laser companies there is. The other is JetLasers. I can assure you no matter what laser you buy from Sanwu, you will not be disappointed.

Also, would be nice if you introduced yourself in the Welcome section. It always helps when people get to know a little about you.

Edit: Would also be nice if this was in the "Companies" sub-forum

Last edited:

FuzzyPancake

As Snecho said, this really should be in the 'companies' section. I can personally confirm Sanwu is a company you can buy from with confidence. I ordered and received two lasers from Sanwu in the last month and was highly impressed with both considering their prices. Shipping and processing took 10 business days total to get to Ohio. I can't vouch for whatever 3w 445nm model you are considering, but assuming that this is your first high powered laser and you don't have a reference laser I'd rest assured you'll like what you get from at least a construction/build quality perspective.

Remember to get goggles with your laser and use them. We don't preach laser safety here on LPF because we think it's fun. OD3+ goggles will be the minimum keep you safe while using a 3w laser.

Last edited:

TheBlackPowder

As Snecho said, this really should be in the 'companies' section. I can personally confirm Sanwu is a company you can buy from with confidence. I ordered and received two lasers from Sanwu in the last month and was highly impressed with both considering their prices. Shipping and processing took 10 business days total to get to Ohio. I can't vouch for whatever 3w 445nm model you are considering, but assuming that this is your first high powered laser and you don't have a reference laser I'd rest assured you'll like what you get from at least a construction/build quality perspective.

Remember to get goggles with your laser and use them. We don't preach laser safety here on LPF because we think it's fun. OD3+ goggles will be the minimum keep you safe while using a 3w laser.

Hello, a big thank you for your reply! However I am new to this forum and do not understand how it works, unfortunately I do not speak fluent English (that's why sometimes my words are not correct).
For the laser, I understood that Sanwu was a good quality but do you think that if I take this laser, the power will be the one indicated? Not fake? Because there is a negative opinion on this laser I found nothing :/

See you soon.

FuzzyPancake

Hello, a big thank you for your reply! However I am new to this forum and do not understand how it works, unfortunately I do not speak fluent English (that's why sometimes my words are not correct).
For the laser, I understood that Sanwu was a good quality but do you think that if I take this laser, the power will be the one indicated? Not fake? Because there is a negative opinion on this laser I found nothing :/

See you soon.
Coming from Sanwu I'd expect the power to be within 200mw higher or lower than that advertised 3w. If you really want to be sure, go ahead and email Sanwu about it. They are good anout getting back to people in good time. They were for me.

As a personal note, even if a 3w laser you bought were something like 500mw under spec, you would still have an insanely powerful laser. You would have a hard time seeing a difference between a 2w and 3w 445nm laser as far as what the beam would look like because of how our eyes perceive brightness (there is a big drop off around 1w by my understanding)

Just curious - what are you doing with this laser?

Snecho

See you soon.
Sanwu lasers are almost always overspec. So a 3W laser would pretty much guaranteed to at LEAST 3W. Definitely not fake.