Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone please help me figure out how many mW is my green laser.

dstoya

Hello everyone,
Recently I bought a eBay green laser (532 nm) that is "<0.5mW" but irl it was much much stronger. However I am curious to see how much stronger. Now I do not have a laser power meter however I have a digital lux meter. It was between 90,000 and 100,000 lux at a meter away. However this is a photemetric unit and I need a radiometric unit. The trouble is I have no clue as to how to convert it. Can someone please help me? Here is the sellers page and the info on it (except the mW) is all correct. If you need any other information please go ahead and ask. Thanks everyone.

As far as I know there is no direct conversion from your "lux meter" to the power rating of a laser. One problem is the laser is collimated, so its power remains consistent at distances where another light source would drop off. Your only option is to get it measured with a calibrated laser power meter. There are no other options.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It looks like the "gatling gun" style, probably still in that range though.

Reactions: GSS
That is likely a good guess. To know for sure you will need someone to measure it, though. It is difficult for me to know what the output of those gattlings are. I just don't have much experience with them. They are cheap and to be avoided IMO.

GSS

Paul, it was only $16 though, got to like it for that.
That's ALOT of machining from the little tubes, to the 2 part body and front cap and switch. Then the module etc..
No it's not a practical host by all means but seeing it hand you would probably be somewhat surprised at the build quality..
Don't get me wrong I don't plan on getting one but still.

Last edited:
That is likely still a high price for this considering the ubiquitous nature of these hosts in China. True, it is less than many sell them for, but I doubt anyone is losing money on this.

We want to help you-----but where is your introduction thread??? go to Welcome section and READ!!! then make your intro AND put your location into your profile AND in the title of your personal intro... you could have some member very near with a power meter--duh.

only buy lasers WE BUY.... most consider the 'GGun' to be ugly and many who sell are LIARS...