Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone help me out?

Dawgz

Im new on here and i found this site from searching the web about this "project".

So i had a spare 16X Dual Layer DVD burner layn around so i took out the two diodes it had...here are the pics...

**Wont let me post pics***

my question is, which one do i use?

what else do i need for this project?

Dawgz

when i try to post the pics i get this msg

An Error Has Occurred!

You do not have permission to post LINK in this board

Things

you need a miniumum of 10 posts to post links, that is to help with spam! ;)

Dawgz said:
[quote author=things link=1194841510/0#2 date=1194842613]you need a miniumum of 10 posts to post links, that is to help with spam! ;)

tru, nice concept..

any help?[/quote]
Post more? :-?

Things

i think he meant with his question :p well for the diodes, one of them will be IR (very faint red), and one will be bright red, provided you haven't allready destroyed it. What else you need depends on what you intend to do with it?? do you want it portable, or a labby?? the basics are a aixiz module, which can be bought http://sales.stonetek.org. you will also need a driver, and then you should have a working laser, provided you don't screw it up ;D

Rhith

For now you can still post images as attatchments instead of having them embedded. ;)

Dawgz

things said:
i think he meant with his question :p well for the diodes, one of them will be IR (very faint red), and one will be bright red, provided you haven't allready destroyed it. What else you need depends on what you intend to do with it?? do you want it portable, or a labby?? the basics are a aixiz module, which can be bought you will also need a driver, and then you should have a working laser, provided you don't screw it up ;D

Thank you!

I have a few questions to ur reply tho.

1) I want this to be a high powered laser i guess, u know something that can burn up a match or pop a baloon or burn a hole thru plastic/paper? And i guess i want it to be portable. I can run it off of (2) Double A, or 2 Tripple A or even a 9v battery for a longer run time?

I know i need to buy a Aixiz Module, ill purchase that ASAP!, but what is a "driver"? where can i get it?

Things

you can make the driver, or you can buy a premade one from that site i linked to, or you can make your own using the cicuit diagram, which can also be found on that site. the driver is very easy to make, but requires 6V and up to run properly, so 2 AA's won't cut it.

Dawgz

things said:
you can make the driver, or you can buy a premade one from that site i linked to, or you can make your own using the cicuit diagram, which can also be found on that site. the driver is very easy to make, but requires 6V and up to run properly, so 2 AA's won't cut it.

Could you perhaps link me to a correct drivers or circuit that i can make myself for these laser diodes that i have? Im clueless as to where to start.

Dawgz

Cool! im gonna go to Radioshack tomorrow and get the stuff i need to make the driver.

but the aixiz module, which one should i buy for the project?

650nm 5mw 8mm X 14mm case $4.00 USD

650nm 5mw 12X30mm brass case $4.50 USD ($2.50 shipping will be added) PLEASE NOTE THE 12X30mm 5mw.

650nm 10mw 12mm X 30mm case $12.00 USD

? i dono which one to get, whats the best for my project? (to make a laser that can burn stuff)

Dawgz

Gazoo said:
You can get everything you need here. This store is run by SenKat whom is also a moderator for this forum.. :)

Well, all i need now is the Aixiz module, from the three i posted above, which one do i need?

650nm 5mw 12X30mm brass case $4.50 USD ($2.50 shipping will be added) last I checked is $7.00

OR

Buy from StoneTek = $6.00 and will get to you in half the time.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Dawgz

Why is it that from StoneTek's website, if i order with paypal, im charge a $5.00 shipping fee, but if i order with the google check out, there is no shipping fee?