Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Can magnets stop vibration diy magnetic laser table + holograms

steve001

The YT channel The Thought Emporium

paul1598419

Having made quite a few holograms myself over the years, I can see some problems with this. Without the large mass of a regular optical bench these can be very sensitive. Also,, the mass distribution across your optical bench can make the surface not level. I have used HeNe lasers mostly for my holography projects, but there can also be argon single line as well. These sometimes weigh a not negligible amount. My guess here is that the old fashioned way of doing this is still the best.

Light superglue

I was thinking to make a levitating mini-table putting small baseplate on a pair of these supports:

Would it work, what do you think?

Another question - has anyone tried to attach a gimbal to a laser to avoid shaking of the spot at large distances as it is usually done to stabilize drone cameras?

Anthony P

LPF Site Supporter
Very cool project. I am also amateur holographer. Your basement floor is a good start. I think you will have better luck when you switch to the steel table with more mass and less thermal sensitivity. A quality laser beam is an absolute must. There are a few diodes out there that are suitable, including the green PL530 OPSL.
I noticed you mentioned $15.00 per plate. Check out the Integraf website https://www.integraf.com/
Transmission type holograms are much easier to make than reflection type... maybe a good place to start to work the kinks out of your set up.

My table is 500 lbs concrete that floats on 4 partially inflated tractor tire innertubes.

I look forward to updates on your progress.
Good Luck!