Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Can I mod a 5mW red into a burner?"

Ace82

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1131203/turn_your_5mw_laser_pointer_into_a_burning_beast/
This video should be stickied for all the noobs who think they can mod a 5mW red pointer. For some reason, I've noticed LOTS of these questions flooding some threads. Perhaps there's nothing that can be done about this because it is a free public site, but there should be some way of weeding this constant flow for the min. I think a picture is worth a thousand words, and a film is worth a thousand pictures, and Styropyro made this awesome guide to answer the $100 dollar question that a $2 laser can never "burn"... and it's short, clever, and funny.

Just off to look at it....
[edit] that is funny[/edit]

I have just posted here on the same subject.....

Regards rog8811

;D ;D

I'm glad you are getting some use out of that video, I'm surprised any of you remembered that thing. ;D I'll upload that video to Youtube so there won't be any annoying ads, I won't get $100 for that video on MC.

Edit: If you do use that video, use this link instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqqeX0opcO4

LOL,

100% funny...AND TRUE!

dude wth have you really made 600 dollars with videos?

way to go!

Niko said:
LOL,

100% funny...AND TRUE!

dude wth have you really made 600 dollars with videos?

way to go!
Yeah I actually made $600 with that green fire video, it's nice having "surprise" payments coming in every 6 months or so, it pays for an occasional gas tank. ;D

Great, funny vid, much more true than those damn "turn your laser pointer into a burner" vids on youtube. :D And look at the ironic comments below the vid. ;D

I've also seen the forum flooded with these questions about modding red cheapies. Actually, very much of the "red lasers" section now consists of these topics.

Sure, everyone can sign up and post here, but the should read the FAQ:s first.