Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can i legally buy this laser?

Last edited:
Well im in the USA, just want to be sure customs wont be seizing it. Also, what do you mean requires goggles? Does that mean it will harm anyones eyes who looks at it without them?

if your worried about customs why not buy one from the USA?
Pm me for details.
powers can range from 250mw to 1,500mw
Just depends on what you want.

When dealing with the Feds U.S. I would not be too sure of anything since interpretation can be an issue. We (the forum) went through this pretty much last year as a general exercise: http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/actual-laser-laws-country-53770.html

Trying to decide on a laser-by-laser basis is probably not a good guarantee. Lots has to do with the declaration on the item and a lots has to do with Space Weather (just kidding.)

- Ray

It says they ship from their facility in Toronto. Would this laser burn skin on contact, i dont want something like that. Im guess im looking for as bright as possible without it being a hazard.

It says they ship from their facility in Toronto. Would this laser burn skin on contact, i dont want something like that. Im guess im looking for as bright as possible without it being a hazard.

>5mW requires goggles and is hazardous, and requires laser safety goggles. 50 mW will pop balloons, 150 mW will light matches, and ~1 watt will burn skin on contact

Last edited: