Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can anyone see what I've done wrong?

Time to get the Windex out and clean my glasses...:yabbem:
Yeah... PL has the output directly from the Output (center pin) instead
of the Adjust pin like in your drawing...

Just remove your Blue wire and attach it to the other end of the Trim
Pot.. Do that with the other 2 circuits as well..

Good catch Jimmy...:gj:

Jerry

Last edited:

Benm

Next time test stuff on dummy loads before going with pricy laser diodes though!

These mess ups are all to easy to create, and costly to diagnose :(

Thanks for the help everyone!

It's working great now, all three lasers are lasing, I just need to glue in the mirror and I'll have a pretty white beam after all this time!

Next time test stuff on dummy loads before going with pricy laser diodes though!

These mess ups are all to easy to create, and costly to diagnose
Yeah I know... I always use test loads to set current, but I blew the green module when I shorted the case to something when I was adjusting a set screw... I blew the SF-AW110 when, I dunno, maybe I forgot to short the cap, maybe just because it's a SF-AW110 and they're flaky diodes, but one way or another I've lost a bunch of money on diodes despite using best practices. I still think this thing is cursed, and I'm just sure the next time I turn it on the whole thing's going to go up in smoke, but here's hoping it's clear sailing from here.

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

Thanks for the help everyone!

It's working great now, all three lasers are lasing, I just need to glue in the mirror and I'll have a pretty white beam after all this time!

Can't wait to see it, I LOVE THESE KITS AND CAPS LOCK TOO!!!!!!!!

Another WF success story!

Now I just need to balance the colors, build an enclosure, and eventually upgrade my driver to include a microcontroller providing PWM control. (Which I'm really going to need after all, I can't get the green dim enough without it mode hopping.. (it's much greener in person, this pic makes it look red and blue.))

cimg0083a.jpg