Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can anyone measure my lasers power?

Hi

I want to get my green laser pointer measured to see how dangerous it really is, got it from eBay listed as 2mW but I think it's much higher. I live in the UK and I would be very grateful for anyone who can measure my laser for free and I will cover shipping costs.

Thank you very much

Man cyp, that is one pretty view of the forrest line close to your place. Wish I lived out in the country. Sorry off topic.

Last edited:
Q??

any good reason your location was left out of your profile??

add that

and you may get an offer within driving distance or maybe walking

In any case IIRC its a long-standing tradition here at LPF to do all LPM work free of charge (except shipping in those cases) also there are ALWAYS meters at LEMs-=(search UKLEM)

btw posting your 20 here is NOT good enough-needs to be in your profile please.

hak ( 50 min from Houston and AixiZ Lasers.com)

'DanielBriggs' is UK and a nice chap- he is at the show forum as well as 'norty33''

while they may not fancy pointers I think they would be happy to meter yours-- being lasershow folks they find pointers to be something not needed and a bad thing for the lasershows in gereral and very much so at thier events-- you can take an eye shot at a concert and its unlikely from the shows laser more likely by some ass in the audience--

however

I can tell you for sure that your laser is NOT safe for the eyes are nor are there ANY lasers- that are 'eye safe' just different levels of danger-- remember your eye's own lens can magnify any laser >100 times like you can do with a mag. glass and the sun .

so knowing if it 10 mW or 100mW you STILL treat it like as rifle/pistol- NEVER aiming at anything you dont want to kill or injure, NEVER hand it over to anyone even close to being a 'prankster' as YOU are equally responsible for what he does.

see this site
laserpointersafety.com

you can see how some Brits got treated after doing the 'dumbass' with a pointer-- but its worse in the States with a daily average of 10 laser incidents involving delibrent aiming at the aircraft every day.
its no prank or joke its prison time with a record for life.

hak

Last edited:

USAbro

So is there anyone who can test my laser within several miles of Gaithersburg Maryland USA.

Hi

I want to get my green laser pointer measured to see how dangerous it really is, got it from eBay listed as 2mW but I think it's much higher. I live in the UK and I would be very grateful for anyone who can measure my laser for free and I will cover shipping costs.

Thank you very much

Please add 'UK' into your profile.
That way we all will know you are UK- as it shows under your username every time you post---

Kot (Blord) is an awesome builder and a big asset to our forum--BUT builders like him cannot possibly promise your buy will NOT get seized by Customs--that can be pretty much avoided by buying within your own country.

Owning proper eye ware ( you need to know the OD number and which 'colors' are covered) is NOT something that allows careless use.
IMO the only laser that is eye-safe is one that has failed.

Check out Odicforce==UK based and a 'kit' seller w/ good rep.
hak