Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can 200mw red light candle?

only seen 1 video on youtube that did this wondering if its true

I wanna buy a new style 200mw from o-like

how long u think it will take to ship to california? what happens if custom takes it what i do :undecided:

I don't believe so; from what I've heard the minimum is closer to 500mW. Testing real quick with my 202mW red - it just cuts the wick, but doesn't generate enough heat to cause ignition.

It takes approximately 10 to 15 business days for it to be delivered to the US. If it's seized by customs you'll receive a letter letting you know; odds of that happening are pretty low though. I've received a number of packages from other countries (primarily China) and I've yet to have one opened by customs, much less seized.

Hey, Nah 200mW of red will not do it Sorry. But 1 Watt of 445nm will.:D But will coast more then that red you re looking at.

The most you can do with 200mW of red is light match and burn things not starting fire.

IsaacT

Nope, it smokes them real good....and I sometimes do that to build up smoke in a bottle for beam viewing, but light? no.

Also, customs u need not worry about....just ask o-like to put a diff sticker on or label it differently or send the batteries separately

oh ic
btw i am wondering whether i should buy the waterproof 200mw or 200mw newstyle..

i like the fact that the waterproof only needs 1 battery instead of 2 and i can use it if its rainining

but i like the handle on the newstyle 1

how much is shipping cost from o-like?

You are talking about this one right?

New Style waterproof red laser 200mW /adjustable [OLNWRL200] - $53.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I like that it takes a 18650, which is my favorite battery to work with. As you move to more powerful lasers, you'll find that a significant percentage use that battery.

yeah that one, it looks nice

guess im going to buy it then with some safety glasses
i wish the o-like red glasses looked nicer, its kinda ugly

IsaacT

well....condsider getting goggles that you actually like so u don't end up buying more in the future because you hate them.

wish the o-like red glasses looked nicer, its kinda ugly

They aren't pretty, but for a 200mW laser they work well enough. I have a pair but I'm not really happy with how much red is still visible, but LPM testing through the lens doesn't register on my Laserbee II, indicating that it's taking 202mW to less than 5mW.

Far from perfect, but they'll protect your eye from that laser, which is what really matters. You only have one pair of eyes, it's never worth risking them.