Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Camera for lasers?

M

Mac

Does anyone know a good camera, that can take good pics of dots, and beam, and can close up for small letters. ? if you do, could you post link to it ?

T

timelord

I use a Samsung D103 10mp which has macro for close up shots :)

Attachments

• Samsung_D103.jpg
    Samsung_D103.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 108
I mainly use my Canon 5D with different lens on it, depending on what i am taking a picture of. But that is probably out of your price range.

I should also mention I am a freelane photographer.

Man that's one special Camera !!! Being able to take a pic of it's self and all. :D

T

timelord

Biffter said:
I mainly use my Canon 5D with different lens on it, depending on what i am taking a picture of. But that is probably out of your price range.

I should also mention I am a freelane photographer.
Well Biffter your camera is totally a photographers dream and if anyone can afford it then i'd say get one ;) As for mine I've looked about for a value and great performance point and shoot with a CCD sensor and loads of pixels, hence I've got the samsung D103 10mp. You can see from any photos I put on the forum that the camera does a good job at close up or beam shots. I only paid £119.99 for the camera and like it very much. I'm still gonna get a Canon a.s.a.p maybe the D400 will work good for me as I do astrophotography and this will be adequate in money terms and capabilities. Biffter keep you photos coming man coz you work is amazing with what your camera is capable of... :)

Timelord said:
Well Biffter your camera is totally a photographers dream and if anyone can afford it then i'd say get one ;) As for mine I've looked about for a value and great performance point and shoot with a CCD sensor and loads of pixels, hence I've got the samsung D103 10mp. You can see from any photos I put on the forum that the camera does a good job at close up or beam shots. I only paid £119.99 for the camera and like it very much. I'm still gonna get a Canon a.s.a.p maybe the D400 will work good for me as I do astrophotography and this will be adequate in money terms and capabilities. Biffter keep you photos coming man coz you work is amazing with what your camera is capable of... :)
Many thanks for the kind words matey :D SLR's aren't for all, they are bulky and can be a pain to carry about, my total bag weight is just short of 2 stone, or 12kg for you american's, and it isnt the most subtle of camera's. I will pick up a nice point and shoot one day to just be able to carry about in my pocket. Maybe something like your Samsung, as it does produce some quality images as you demonstrate very well, and is a tenth of the price of mine. Shame i cant produce some good video's like you do on the SLR's.

That reminds me, I need to do some macro shots of the beam of my greenie, will have to dust my lens of later on and give it a go when i am back from work :D

11p, its a deal, its a steal, its sale of the f'ing century ::) :-? :cool: :eek: ::) :cool: ::) :-? ;D

T

timelord

Biffter said:
11p, its a deal, its a steal, its sale of the f'ing century ::) :-? :cool: :eek: ::) :cool: ::) :-? ;D
;D ;D ;D I'm gutted they throw in a free case now :D Although I brought a leather case from there that would have cost £15 but the stupid bird on the till made a boo boo ;D and only charge me and Lazergirl £5 each for them Result!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• S1031110_640x480.JPG
    S1031110_640x480.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 96
S

SenKat

Biffter said:
my total bag weight is just short of 2 stone, or 12kg for you american's,

For us Americans ? What's a kg ? LOL !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I think I recall reading about those darned "KG's" back in middleschool :p hehehehehehehe !

Yeah, I have a half-decent (IE, no where near as decent as biffters) Canon XTi with a nice macro lens, but that's a total pain to carry around (especially when you add in the tripod). I hate the pictures it takes, but I ended up caving and buying one of those ultra-thin Casio exilim cameras so I can just stick it in my pocket and forget about it. A lot more convenient!

The XTi can take some stunning pictures, but the thing with dSLR's is they need a bit of post processing work done on them with photoshop or something.

Just cos i am bored, here's a picture of my mate's golf i took tonight messing around with off camera flash. Nothing amazing, as it was pitch black and first time i have tried something like this.

vrflash1.jpg

T

timelord

Fantastic job Biffter can you shrink your shots down to at least 640x480 so the forum can handle them easier? No offense of course, me ol' London mucker ;)