Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Calling All 5mWs!

Alright, this one's real simple: what are the most RELIABLE, most STURDY, most CONSTANT, ultimately BEST 5mW laser pointers on Earth? I'm talking, like, each color.

ARG

Never had a laserglow pen laser break on me. Can't say that for any other brand.

Thanks! Strangely enough, I actually have a Wicked Lasers Core that is not only operational, but--you'll never believe it--is really bright! I know, shocking, right?! I only ask because I was curious about where to get a fine pointer if ever I need one again, WITHOUT the five-week shipping...! But, DANG, $240 for a violet 5mW?! When you can get an 80mW one of probably the same quality for $30 on BTB?! You weren't kidding, Greenlander! I don't doubt the build quality of their greens and reds, though.

Thanks! Strangely enough, I actually have a Wicked Lasers Core that is not only operational, but--you'll never believe it--is really bright! I know, shocking, right?! I only ask because I was curious about where to get a fine pointer if ever I need one again, WITHOUT the five-week shipping...! But, DANG, $240 for a violet 5mW?! When you can get an 80mW one of probably the same quality for $30 on BTB?! You weren't kidding, Greenlander! I don't doubt the build quality of their greens and reds, though.

Well LaserGlow is so expensive for the following reasons:

Note: Most of their lasers are from CNI(which is located in China). That being said not all of their lasers are from CNI, their 532nm & 635nm pointers are not from CNI.

The other wavelengths 405/447/473/589/593.5 which are in pointer form do come from CNI, also known as their GLP series. Now CNI is already spot on for quality of their lasers but LaserGlow takes it a step further & won't sell anything to a customer which could fail in the long run. Not only that but LaserGlow also has outstanding customer service so you are also paying for that with the laser's price. Shipping is also Free if shipping within North America so you also need to factor that in also.

Also do realize that LaserGlow dosen't specifically target hobbyists, they cater toward professional users & focus mostly on stable lasers then on power.

-Alex

Last edited:

gozert

I agree with the others. Even though I have no experience with 5mw pointers from Laserglow. I'm sure they are the best company out there at this moment. I own a Hercules 650 and unlike many other lasers, the dot is perfectly round, divergence is really good and the host is very durable.

I'll be getting more Laserglow products for sure as soon as my wallet allows it.