Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cajun Lasers and owner operator ( and only employee) Clif+++++

CajunLasers was apprently shipped the wrong diodes-& sold to them as 12X but most likely only6X or 8X at best and maybe even PHRs.

With shipping they were only asking ~$55 and took a bath having to refund to all the buyers who fried them and the ones Clif fried trying to figure out what was going on.

This is one of he 'JOYS' of having AN E-Store and selling on Ebay that some of the bashers apparently have no clue about.

ATM he is not sure if the seller will make thing right but he has done his customers right nonetheless.
My friend who wishes to remain unnamed sent me copypasta of the transactions-he asks to be left out, which he has every right to do. By following the dates on the below you can see how and when Clif handled this transaction.
To: <XXXXXXXXXXXXcom.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:38 PM
Subject: Order Update #XX

Order Number: XX
Detailed Invoice:
Login : Cajunlasers Store=
Date Ordered: Thursday 08 September, 2011
The comments for your order are:
USPS - Track & Confirm?
Thank you XXXXX!
Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Processing
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
clifXXXX@yahoo.com
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.

This^^ is , of course an automated response that is SOP in estores-but it is still nice to know that an order has been received --
I copy it here only so you can see the date.
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: Item #Store Receipt - Notification of Payment Received from XXXXXX XXXXXX

XXXXXX
yeah I hear this is how WL dealt with many here who still buy from them--hak

Order Confirmation from Cajunlasers.com

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
------------------------------------------------------
Login : Cajunlasers Store
Products
1 x BDR-S06J 405nm 12x laser diode extracted from sled (BDR12X) = $51.99
Sub-Total: $51.99
Zone Rates (Shipping to US (1 x 3.00lb(s))): $2.99
Total: $54.98
Delivery Address
^^^ more ZC auto response...

Clif writes to the buyer a day or two later:

I recently learned of an issue with these 12x 405nm diodes I have, I myself had two of them instantly LED on me on a 500mA build, and a customer of mine had two of his do the same at 450mA, these diodes are supposed to handle more than this before LED-ing like this, I'm trying to contact my supplier now to find out what the issue is, (it may be possible that they sent me 6x or 10x 405nms since they LED'd at that power level)
I can do a few things for you in the mean time, I can ship your order and warranty your diode up to 500mA build, something I normally don't do, but in this case will make the exception. Or I can wait to ship your order until I find out what's wrong with my "12x" diodes, or refund you if you wish to cancel. I still have 6x and PHR diodes, although I know they aren't close to a 12x in power. `
Sorry for the trouble, but I wanted to nip this in the butt so to speak before I sold anymore from this lot. There's definitely something amiss here...
Let me know if you still want the order -

Clif

from PP: ( only three days after the order was placed and paid for via CC.)

Sep 11, 2011 12:19:23 PDT
Transaction ID: 2YK85218T9332973F
Hello XXXXXXXXXX,
Clif XXXXX just sent you a refund
Clif XXXX just sent you a full refund of $54.98 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Clif XXXX.
The refund will go to the card you paid with.
To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant information
Clif Cajunlasers
Note from merchant
12x diode issues refund - did not ship order
Original transaction details
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Cajunlasers.com Purchase
Item #: Store Receipt
$54.98 USD 1 $54.98 USD

Total: $54.98 USD

Refund to MasterCard Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX: $54.98 USD
**************^^^ it says 'did not ship order' but he did in fact ship and told the buyer to acccept it for free and treat it as a 8X more or less. Or something to that affect. It was over the phone.

This is what I received from my friend about the above:
as you can see from the correspondence this guy treated me well lets give this guy a good rap(rep?) looks to me like he is trying to run a good company! thanks Len
stay in touch--XXXXXXX

So that is from a real member who actually has a right to an opinion on CL but wants to be left out of he drama here- he rarely posts preferring to read and learn rather than post here, something more of us need to do--- me included.
Remaining un named is his right IMO. I dont blame him either.

I would not hesistate to do biz with Clif. Nit picking over a few pennies or dollar is just petty and shows a lack of maturity.

If you want the oinions of others doing biz with Clif just ask Rick(Jib drivers) or Dr Chuck (AixiZ) I doubt that would disagree with me.

hakzaw

Fiddy

Yup, Clif is doing his best to fix this mix up from the supplier, totally not his fault.

The customer he speaks of in the quote below is me.

Clif writes to the buyer a day or two later:

I recently learned of an issue with these 12x 405nm diodes I have, I myself had two of them instantly LED on me on a 500mA build, and a customer of mine had two of his do the same at 450mA, these diodes are supposed to handle more than this before LED-ing like this, I'm trying to contact my supplier now to find out what the issue is.

I have total faith in Clif, Ive bought off him countless times and bought more than $1000 worth of parts from him, you can count on him to deliver every time.

Fiddy.

I missed this when it was originally posted, but I wanted to chime in here for Clif as well. I've placed several orders with him and have had nothing but great experiences with him.

It doesn't surprise me at all that he worked things out with people on the 12x mix up. I would expect nothing less from him.