Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cad operator services (free service now available)

strik3

i have recently aquired a copy of autocad from school and im trying to get a feel if anyone would use my services if i was to offer them to the community.

some examples of things i can design for you are:

• heatsinks
  • hosts
  • other miscelaneous items

all you would have to do is provide me with a few dimensions and within a few days i will email you with a full detailed drawing including all dimensions

i have decided that i will provide this service for free.
so please feel free to pm me with details and i will start creating these blueprints for you

also to demonstrate my abilities with the program here is a host that i have just spent the last 4 hours designing. (minus all the measurements)

2d drawing
32683d1305323141-cad-operator-services-feeler-host2.jpg

3d model
32686d1305326700-cad-operator-services-feeler-host3.jpg

Attachments

• host2.JPG
    host2.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 449
  • host3.JPG
    host3.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:

Re: cad operator services (feeler)

Thats pretty neat the one detail I have to add is make sure you take tooling into account when your designing some of your hosts, heatsinks etc...

The other thing is or AutoCAD isn't a CAD/CAM package, just CAD :) but I assume you know that with the title you provided for the thread :beer:

Last edited:

Kool.;) I see people becoming interested in this. Basically making there Dream Laser Host Come True.!!!

Nice Thinking.:gj:

strik3

yeah the idea is that if you need to you can then send off the drawing to a company or to someone and they will be able to read it and machine it with ease.

atm im probably looking at charging aprox $5 - $50 depending on complexity of the drawing

Let me get this stright you are using a copy of autocad program that you took from school you did say aquired not bought, so you didn't buy it but you are planning on making money with it, Hum something dosn't seem right with this idea is it just me or dose any one else wish to address this issue I think the LPF could have trouble over this :thinking: but then I'm no lawyer

I'm sure if you were just trying to learn something and help other people in the process and wasn't planning on charging anything for doing this that would be a different story :whistle:

strik3

no it is not a stolen or pirated copy. i am doing cad at school and as part of the course we are given a copy of autocad to use at home which has a one year license so that we may use it while doing the course.

if you all feel that this is more of a liability than an asset, i would be willing to do it for free just for the practice. and thought i may make some money to help with bills and course fees.

Last edited:

Pilgor

Autodesk offers student versions of cad free to students who need it. All you need is an school email address (You may be able to get around this if you have no school email address). You contact cad and they will send you a link in which to download it for free. There are not major differences at all, in fact, I didn't notice any.

Autodesk Education Community

follow the instructions if you are a student to recive autocad free.

FAQ will help you http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=community_faq#useofsoftware

Last edited:

That's cool then I need to return to school and take laser projector 101 so I can get a copy of Pangolin full blown :crackup:

strik3

lol. if only it was that easy

strik3

i have decided i will start doing this for free.
so please start sending me details and i will start designing for you