Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

c6 m140 diode diode build not working help!!

As they all said a dmm is a definitely needed if you are going to continue building.

Everything I am telling you to can be checked with a dmm and you wouldn't have to do all of this trial and error.

Or it isn't soldered or wired correctly that is why you need to remove it from the pill

Last edited:

Contact boards don't burn out. Like I said, there is likely something wrong with the way its soldered. If you take some detailed close up pictures of it we might be able to tell. First just take a couple of the bottom as it is without taking it out of the pill.

You have your black w ire still exposed where you joined them right? Then touch the exposed part to the pill it should light up.

That could narrow down the negative contact as an issue or could show that either the negative or positive or both aren't connected right.

Its also possible that one of the lead wires was pinched because they are so long.

Basically, a DMM would tell you in about 2 seconds.... XD

how do I put photos onto this thread? I took up close pictures but I don't know how to get them here for you to look at them

It's best to upload them to photobucket or something then copy the url address, click on the mountain icon and paste the address there other than that, click on the paperclip, but the pictures must be resized to fit on here

It looks like the outer ring isn't soldered properly to the pill to me, can the blank be taken out without being de soldered ?

attach both red wires together, the black wire from the driver touch it against the thread of the host and switch it on

ok well I did what you said and it didn't work....so is it possible that the blank battery contact is broken?

Not broken, just a bad contact maybe ?? Desolder the blank from the pill and de solder the wires from the pill and solder them again.

Its still possible that the leads are not soldered correctly to the contact board. Either that or a wire is damaged, or there isn't a very good negative contact to the pill.

If you want to solve this the easiest way go out and grab a cheap DMM from a local electronics store.

where did you touch it on the host? you have to touch it at a spot where it is not coated

like this....

pill_zps6276cb2b.jpg

Last edited: