Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying lenses.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a g7 and or g9 lens?

G7 and G9 are made up lens names. So forget the name when shopping around. These lenses are *plano-convex (PCX) type lenses of short focal lengths. The G7 has a focal length of about 8mm and I think it is 9mm in diameter. I do not know the focal length of the G9, but I think it is the same diameter as the G7. PCX lenses are easy to find. Edmund Optics sells such lenses, look up singlets. They sell many sizes of different focal lengths that are already anti-reflective (AR) coated for various wavelengths.

* even if it is not a plano-convex it is the type of lens you want.

The G9 is the lens that came with the NDB7875, it's basically a G2, some say a little better and some say almost as good, the lenses can be found on 7875 pulls but you need a blank holder and they are hard to find.

Nichia NDB7875 450nm 2W Laser Diode with Single Element Glass Lens | eBay

th

I twist mine off then squeeze the back tangs and they pop right out, but just take your time.

The video below belongs to Lazerer

Last edited:
If you want longer range focus then G7 but if you want up close then G2.

I want a lens that will have good divergence yet not hold back too much power... Good divergence is a must.. I can handle loosing some power as long as it's not a huge amount. The lens is for a nubm08e.

If you're that concerned about divergence why not just use corrective optics? Not sure what the power loss is like but it's probably nothing considerable.

G7 and G9 are made up lens names. So forget the name when shopping around. These lenses are *plano-convex (PCX) type lenses of short focal lengths. The G7 has a focal length of about 8mm and I think it is 9mm in diameter. I do not know the focal length of the G9, but I think it is the same diameter as the G7. PCX lenses are easy to find. Edmund Optics sells such lenses, look up singlets. They sell many sizes of different focal lengths that are already anti-reflective (AR) coated for various wavelengths.

* even if it is not a plano-convex it is the type of lens you want.

The so called G9 lens is 6.3mm in diameter and are not usually sold in a housing. I'm assuming the G7 lens you are talking about is the diameter of the lens housing. I believe all these plano-convex aspheric lenses are all 6.3mm in diameter and that's important if you need to mount them into a housing.

Last edited:

DTR

the lenses can be found on 7875 pulls but you need a blank holder and they are hard to find.

Nichia NDB7875 450nm 2W Laser Diode with Single Element Glass Lens | eBay

Unfortunatly for those looking to find a G-9. BenQ pulls are the only ones that had that lens. They stopped making that projector about 2 years ago. The ones in that link are out of a different unit and are not a G-9 even though a BenQ pull is pictured. It is a smaller diameter lens(I think 5.9mm) not the 6.3mm like the G-9 so it will not center correctly in most the lens barrels you find around that can fit a G-1, G-2, G-9, ect... I don't know if it is a good or bad lens just that it is not a G-9. It is also wonder glued in there so be careful trying to extract them if you do get one. See this thread for details.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/skywolfeye-9mm-7875-a-97796.html#post1428444

The only way I can see finding any G-9 lenses is to pick up some new old stock projectors someone has been sitting on or used units.

I want a lens that will have good divergence yet not hold back too much power... Good divergence is a must.. I can handle loosing some power as long as it's not a huge amount. The lens is for a nubm08e.

Have you seen this thread? http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/o...enses-nubm44-beam-correction-tests-96445.html

There's one thing to remember about achieving good divergence which I think you mean is low divergence. That's achieved using a long focal length lens.