Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying lazer, Live in U.S. Question.

Sktlez

From what i've heard lazerer is the best place to buy from, because they are not on a U.S. Customs watch list.

RIFLE 638nm - Full 300mW Bright Orangish Red Laser Pointer

I'm thinking about buying the above laser, the beginner goggles they sell. Would those be a safe choice of goggles? Also, do you think it would be safe to order the batteries and laser together or place too seperate orders? Is lazerer still safe to buy from (meaning has the best chance of not being seized by U.S. Customs?)

Would you recommend another better site other than lazerer to order a laser? Do you know anyone on here that i could buy from that might be safer and around the same price range? if so, who would they be and a link to their thread if applicable? Also curious if you buy from lazerer since they only take paypal, and paypal does not allow sales of greater than 5mW, how do you use paypal to purchase a laser?

Last edited:

Lazerer is good place to get your First laser.
(Safety googles First)

Sktlez

is it a good idea to get the goggle and the laser at the same time? or should i buy the laser seperate and then buy the goggles and the batteries together?

is it a good idea to get the goggle and the laser at the same time? or should i buy the laser seperate and then buy the goggles and the batteries together?

Buy them All from Lazerer. All together;)

You're really comparing apples to oranges there, and it's reflected in price. The first comes in a very nice host (itself is probably worth $50), lens pattern caps, a laser diode with a different wavelength (638nm vs 650nm), and higher power. The second laser is a basic budget red laser. Not bad for its price, but not meant to compete with the former. The 638nm wavelength will appear brighter than the 650nm, and at 100mW more, it'll be much brighter. If you're going to buy the latter, maybe just build your own instead.

Also, next time post your question in an appropriate forum like the red laser forum, not the safety forum.

Last edited:
Agreed, buy the 638nm and build a 650nm. That way you have a nice professionally made expensive laser, and you can customize the 650nm to your liking!
happy building/buying!