Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying BFG

Because my laser died on me :( I decided to buy the BFG, because of the duty cycle, power, it eats AA's and it looks way cool :)

Is this a good choice?

BTW my goggles have arrived, so I can lase safely when the Big F*$@ing Greenie comes :p

I think it is a great choise. I've kinda been debating lately whether I should buy the Nova X105 or invest a little more and get the BFG. I'm not the richest person in the world so I still bet I'll get the X105. But if you get the BFG I KNOW you'll love it!

I just ordered one... OOOOh can't wait to get it :)

PS. Timelord, where can you get Lithium batteries in europe??

EXUSE FOR MY ENGLISH, i am Italian. I have ordered too a bfg  laser. I can't find a rechargeable lithium  battery in Europe. I have ordered too the laser the 6 July, I have fear that the shipment method of bfglasers is not sure (usps airmail from usa). aspect patient and I hope that Italian customs do not make problems.

BFG may have sold good lasers in the past. But they are selling junk now. I have one and strongly recommend against BFG.

Not only do their lasers not have the power advertised, but they do NOT stand by their products. You are SOL if you are not happy with it. There is no warranty.

Please check out the post "MAJOR RANT" in the General category, and the "BFG Problems" post in the Companies & Reviews category.

BFG now admits their lasers might be as much as 115 mW, and admits their video showing a match lighting in 3 seconds, is false and they have removed the link to that video from their web site.

I was able to light a sharpied match in about 100 seconds. I have never been able to punch a hole through black electrical tape even after 400 seconds. I estimate the power to be 50-70 mW.

Good luck to you, it is possible some of their lasers are OK. Let us know how it works out.

-- Rev

Kenom

SORRY TO POST THIS HERE BUT I WANT BFGLASERS TO SEE THIS MESSAGE.

one of the main reasons he removed the match light video was so that people would no longer relate match lighting with his laser.\

that and the movie was mine and he did NOT have permission to use my movie for his purposes. I'm sure wanting to avoid any possible litigation as a result of using my movie he removed it.

There is no doubt in my mind now that this man is in the process of committing financial suicide. There is no way that a company can provide this horrible of customer service and survive. It just doesn't happen. I know he comes to these forums occasionally and has I've no doubt seen the recent criticism of his company and it's practices. Unless he doesn't wanna sell any more lasers he needs to step up his game and start providing for his customers like any decent business. Without customers there is NO BUSINESS. So here is my call to him which I know he will eventually see.

STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND HONOR THE CLAIMS YOUR MAKING ON YOUR LASER OR BOW OUT NOW. WE WILL RUN YOU OUT OF BUSINESS. YOU THINK A FEW PEOPLE ON A FORUM ARE INSIGNIFICANT BUT I ASSURE YOU, WE ARE THE ONES WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO START A BUSINESS. WITHOUT US THERE IS NO YOU. WE KNOW OTHERS AND THOSE OTHERS KNOW OTHERS AND SO ON. WORD OF MOUTH TRAVELS INSTANTLY ON THE INTERNET. BLOGS WILL POP UP EVERYWHERE AND YOU WILL BE RUINED. NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE A PERSON OF INTEGRITY AND HONOR. DO THE RIGHT THING!

Indeed, I recieved the BFG, but it has the same problems as stated in various other posts. mode hopping, less power. The mode hopping seemed to have cleared on its own, but the power is less then 150. I'm guessing around 100mW since it is brighter than my 80mW was before it died. but not that brighter. All in all I like the laser and I'm gonna use it with my new telescope so it works great for that purpose.

Edit: But I still don't think it is worth 300 dollars (with shipping to the Netherlands)

T

timelord

geert01 said:
I just ordered one... OOOOh can't wait to get it :)

PS. Timelord, where can you get Lithium batteries in europe??
I got my lithiums from tescos in the UK we in europe don't get e2's just lithiums. I don't think there are any differences at all as they are made by energizer ;)