Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying a red laser pointer

Encap

You can still buy the 650nm diodes quite inexpensively. The ML101U29s or any of the LPCs, LPC826, LPC836, LPC840 are all good choices for any laser doing 200 mW or greater. I have some LPC840s doing around or just over 400 mW.

Petersoft

Hey Peter,
sorry for the late reply! I actually saw this thread a while ago and I was actually looking for the same model because I've always wanted that model back in 2008 but my parents didn't let me get it at that time, ugh.

But, after so much research, I found this link: https:// www aixiz store/product-page/wargamers-line-laser-for-line-of-site-aix-llwg-1-1. It took me 17 days for the package to arrive (First-class) to Toronto (where I live).

Here is a picture of the comparison between the old-style purchased from Aixiz on the right (Dilda V1) and the new-style I got in 2013 on the left from O-like (Dilda V2).

Hope this helps. :)
the link is broken or something. Could you please send me this link again

Petersoft

Hey Peter,
sorry for the late reply! I actually saw this thread a while ago and I was actually looking for the same model because I've always wanted that model back in 2008 but my parents didn't let me get it at that time, ugh.

But, after so much research, I found this link: https:// www aixiz store/product-page/wargamers-line-laser-for-line-of-site-aix-llwg-1-1. It took me 17 days for the package to arrive (First-class) to Toronto (where I live).

Here is a picture of the comparison between the old-style purchased from Aixiz on the right (Dilda V1) and the new-style I got in 2013 on the left from O-like (Dilda V2).

Hope this helps. :)
by the way the seller writes that it is a laser that emits a line instead of a dot, but I think it can be easily changed by replacing the lens. Am I right?

You're Welcome!
And yes, the lens is easily swappable, I actually asked the seller that question and Charles responded yes. I have included a couple of pictures below of the break down of the host. This is a really nice host since I can very easily swap the diode to put a 200mW+ inside since It's listed as a 5mW.

Attachments

• IMG_3829.jpg
    IMG_3829.jpg
    788.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3826.jpg
    IMG_3826.jpg
    832.3 KB · Views: 11

Petersoft

You're Welcome!
And yes, the lens is easily swappable, I actually asked the seller that question and Charles responded yes. I have included a couple of pictures below of the break down of the host. This is a really nice host since I can very easily swap the diode to put a 200mW+ inside since It's listed as a 5mW.
I think I will put an lpc836 laser diode into this housing, thanks to which I will be able to easily reach 350mw at the output and if I quote the manufacturer's recommendations a little bit, I should be able to reach over 400mw at the output, and besides, this diode is very easy to get and is very cheap because it is in the LG GH22NP20 dvd burner. I have a question. Is there a potentiometer in the laser diode driver in this laser and if so have you checked what maximum current the controller can give at the output? It's important to me because I don't know if I can use this driver to power the new laser diode

Unfortunately, when I checked the driver on my laser before I took it off, It did not have a potentiometer. However, If you search up "635nm-660nm 200-300mW Red Laser Diode Driver Constant Current" on eBay, it sells the exact model of the driver used in the old style reds. To be realistic, it will be more difficult to find a driver that would fit inside a host to pump out >350mW. The maximum current I measured on the HLP18130 model was about 46 mA, with two fully charged CR2s (~3V) and that would land close to 230 mW without frying the diode. But since you're using a stronger diode, it could work but you need to find a driver that will fit inside the host and use a battery that can handle the power.

Petersoft

I have a question. Will the usual lens from the 5mw aixiz laser module fit well in this housing and if it is screwed in will the laser beam have the correct shape (such that you do not have to rotate the lens to make the laser point small over large distances)?

It will, but you don't have to because you can easily just take the line lens in front of the actual dot lens and it will work just fine. You will have to obviously rotate the head to adjust the focal point to get it a certain distance, but not the lens. You can add an extra lens in front of the pre-existing lens in the head to enhance the dot to be small over longer distances.

whiterod14

You can get an excellent 150mW red hand held laser, either 635nm or 650nm, pointer here + no problem for them to ship to Poland: