Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying a red laser pointer

Petersoft

Welcome. I would like to buy a red laser (RLF18130), but from what I see it is very difficult to get it. does any of you know where I can buy or own it and would like to sell it to me? I would be very grateful for your answer! regards

Attachments

• true-200mw-red-laser-burn-plastic-pop-balloon-vester-syl-1208-10-vester_syl@3.jpg
    true-200mw-red-laser-burn-plastic-pop-balloon-vester-syl-1208-10-vester_syl@3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
  • true-200mw-red-laser-burn-plastic-pop-balloon-vester-syl-1707-22-vester_syl@88.jpg
    true-200mw-red-laser-burn-plastic-pop-balloon-vester-syl-1707-22-vester_syl@88.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 13
  • true-200mw-red-laser-burn-plastic-pop-balloon-vester-syl-1707-22-vester_syl@89.jpg
    true-200mw-red-laser-burn-plastic-pop-balloon-vester-syl-1707-22-vester_syl@89.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

trephanation

Hey Peter,

I wouldn't trust most online resellers. They will sell you low quality hardware that will break eventually along with diodes that were harvested from heavily used equipment. The best option would be to research the individual components of handheld lasers and make your own build. You could also get finished builds from trusted manufacturers like Survival Laser, Sanwu, Dragon Laser and Jetlaser.

Here's an example of how easy it is to build your own. It says blue but this can be interchanged with any readily available wavelength. Hope that helps!

Encap

Translation of the OP from polish as follows: "Welcome. I would like to buy a red laser (RLF18130), but from what I see it is very difficult to get it. does any of you know where I can buy or own it and would like to sell it to me? I would be very grateful for your answer! regards"

Peter, proszę pisać po angielsku, nikt na LPF nie wciela ani nie pisze po polsku.
Poszukaj w serwisie eBay taniego czerwonego wskaźnika.

Last edited:

Petersoft

Hey Peter,

I wouldn't trust most online resellers. They will sell you low quality hardware that will break eventually along with diodes that were harvested from heavily used equipment. The best option would be to research the individual components of handheld lasers and make your own build. You could also get finished builds from trusted manufacturers like Survival Laser, Sanwu, Dragon Laser and Jetlaser.

Here's an example of how easy it is to build your own. It says blue but this can be interchanged with any readily available wavelength. Hope that helps!
Thanks

Hi Polska,
Ok if you lived here in the US I could help you, But shipping to Poland and customs they might seize the laser.
Yes as stated Sanwu is your best bet in receiving the 638nm red laser. They are a very trusted company and many members here have purchased from them .
Rich:)

Petersoft

Hi Polska,
Ok if you lived here in the US I could help you, But shipping to Poland and customs they might seize the laser.
Yes as stated Sanwu is your best bet in receiving the 638nm red laser. They are a very trusted company and many members here have purchased from them .
I don't think customs officers would take over this laser if it were sent dismantled. Also here in Poland we have no restrictions associated with lasers

trephanation

Sanwu and Survival Laser are good choices for you, they can both send you finished lasers to Poland. Sanwu has more sleek hosts while SL is more rugged looking for the most part. I've personally built a nice 1W green laser using SL parts :) Good luck!

Petersoft

Sanwu and Survival Laser are good choices for you, they can both send you finished lasers to Poland. Sanwu has more sleek hosts while SL is more rugged looking for the most part. I've personally built a nice 1W green laser using SL parts :) Good luck!
the problem is that I would like to have this particular model for the collection😉 (RLF18130). I have many red laser pointers and I do not mean just to buy a strong laser.

trephanation

I've done a cursory search for that model RLF18130 and everything I'm finding is from about a decade ago. It may be hard for you to find because it's possible it may not be manufactured anymore? I'm not sure. Any reason you're set on that particular model? There are many other ways to get a 200mw red laser I think...

If you get an Oclaro HL6388MG diode and set the driver current to 300mA, you should be where you want to be as far as output power. Sharp also has a diode that's a bit more efficient than that it appears.

Petersoft

I've done a cursory search for that model RLF18130 and everything I'm finding is from about a decade ago. It may be hard for you to find because it's possible it may not be manufactured anymore? I'm not sure. Any reason you're set on that particular model? There are many other ways to get a 200mw red laser I think...

If you get an Oclaro HL6388MG diode and set the driver current to 300mA, you should be where you want to be as far as output power. Sharp also has a diode that's a bit more efficient than that it appears.
I am interested in this laser because it is very difficult to access and would be something special in my collection😉

Hi,
Yes that diode is gone years ago , its a 650nm / 200mW . I know yours on finding one but there are plenty other 650nm diodes available cheap ..

Hi Peter,
No these are just some lasers I made for customer , I also have a private collection ..