Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying A Laser (Come see!)

Ok so initial thoughts I want to purchase a green laser with all the obvious specs of 532 mm etc..

But. There are so many different sites with all there Mw's with different pricing look at this for etc.
Wholesale 200mw Laser Pointer Pen High Quality Green - Long Range 200mW Output (Free Shipping) - China Wholesale 200mw Laser Pointer Pen High Quality Green - Long Range 200mW Output (Free Shipping)

200mw for $74.00?? It just seems slightly unrealistic?

Basicly I want a laser pen which can genuinly burn stuff, has a clear beam at night and daytime aswell.
I have looked around on many sites but im quite a laser newb when it comes down to it so can anyone recommend me a site with a laser of anything from atleast 100mw my price range goes up to about £150 max so thats about $280 or somthing.. not sure im English and to lazy to go on a exchange website hehe.

So if you could give me a website, product model, mw rating, lenth of beam range visible (rough idea), price and a short reason as to why I should buy it and what sort of stuff it could burn it would be appreciated more than I can explain, thankyou for reading.

HIMNL9

Just one suggestion, with all those cheap, uncertified pen-style pointers .....

I have some of them, and i've seen in any place that sell them, that they always report the indications that comes on the warning label in wrong way.

As example, lately, all those that are sold as "50 mW", have a label that clearly report "output power < 50 mW" ..... that "< 50 mW" means "LESS than 50 mW" ..... and this, usually, means half (or few more) of the declared output power, typically, cause if you look in the explanation sheet, they usually say the typical power, that, always as in the example of the 50 mW, is declared as "minimum 15 mW, typical 35 mW, maximum 50 mW" ..... and this means also that, after, you can't complain with the seller, if you buy a 50 mW and get a 15 mW, cause they can say you "but it's indicated on the sheet, that the power may vary from 15 to 50" ..... :p

Ofcourse, honest sellers don't do that, but i've seen more than one shops that do that, so, just pay attentions to the details, before pay ;)

I am well of aware of those cons but thankyou however they do say
"Average output >150mW" so they could easily be caught in trouble for lieing about a product hehe :p.

Please recommend me some more lasers everyone I need YOUR help in deciding on my first proper laser which has decent burning power hehe ^__^.

cust11

Build a bluray laser if you want burning power. I would put my GGW against a $5000 RPL in burning power comparison.

-Mike

Well I would be useless at building end of discussion seriously lol but thx for the offer I made a post in the buying/selling bit if anyone could build one :D.

eddie

Ok so initial thoughts I want to purchase a green laser with all the obvious specs of 532 mm etc..

But. There are so many different sites with all there Mw's with different pricing look at this for etc.
Wholesale 200mw Laser Pointer Pen High Quality Green - Long Range 200mW Output (Free Shipping) - China Wholesale 200mw Laser Pointer Pen High Quality Green - Long Range 200mW Output (Free Shipping)

200mw for $74.00?? It just seems slightly unrealistic?

Basicly I want a laser pen which can genuinly burn stuff, has a clear beam at night and daytime aswell.
I have looked around on many sites but im quite a laser newb when it comes down to it so can anyone recommend me a site with a laser of anything from atleast 100mw my price range goes up to about £150 max so thats about $280 or somthing.. not sure im English and to lazy to go on a exchange website hehe.

So if you could give me a website, product model, mw rating, lenth of beam range visible (rough idea), price and a short reason as to why I should buy it and what sort of stuff it could burn it would be appreciated more than I can explain, thankyou for reading.
I have bought several pgl III's from amazing1.com, at very reasonable prices. they have been very good to me, 300mw 660 red, 400mw green, 300mw green. 200mw green, 150mw green, My 400mw green kind of went down to 47mw and they sent it back to China for repair, waiting for it to get back, Check out amazing1.com, Eddie in Texas.

HIMNL9

ROTFL

From amazing1 site

"PGLIIIA405-60 - 60+mw High Brightness Violet (2 CR2) .........$735.00" (it's a 405nm)

Then, now, at how much i have to sell my DIY pen-style 175mW 405nm ? ..... LOL !

Have to say , AAA battery should not supply enough power to generate 200mW real power ,
At least at present , i tested AAA output pen laser 150mW is ok , but 200mW , should be hard to reach .
Is there some one measure the power of real 200mW pen laser with AAA battery output ? Thanks

Build a bluray laser if you want burning power. I would put my GGW against a $5000 RPL in burning power comparison.

-Mike

Would you put it against my PGL-III-C (peaks >700mW and doesn't drop below 500mW)? ;)

To the OP: But seriously, If you want a high quality green laser, get one from the CNI GB hosted by Glenn (scopeguy). CNI sells pen types from 1-175mW and Glenn has the units hand picked for best specs - you are guaranteed to get what you paid for and more... Take my PGL (mentioned above) for example... I purchased it as a 400mW unit and got a laser that performs like a 500mW rated unit. You won't be disappointed.