Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

buying a 532nm or 650nm diode

ok now i got the diode out of the heat sink now theres three prongs which do i hook
- up to and which do i hook + up to

Kenom

take your time here bud. Purchase a multi-meter on ebay. they are cheap. I got mine for $4.00 shipped. great little unit. It got to me in one week too. gotta love ebay for some things. Once you have that multi-meter use the test diode function to test all three of the leads on teh back. once you get light from the diode you know which is positive and which is negative. viola. you've tested the diode and know it's polarity. Please I beg of you wait to get a multimeter. I know we all get impatient. don't give in to the temptation to kill the diode without the right equipment

SenKat said:
Excellent !  Now - do you intend on creating a driver board for your dvd-burner diode, or are you going to run it off of the batteries direct ?

• If you hook up the batteries direct, there is a very good chance you will kill the diode
  • Figure out what type of batteries you will use, and design your driver around the batteries (it's MUCH easier that way)
  • Take your time - measure twice, cut once as they say...If you want or need help with a circuit design, let me know !

Your first assembly looks great !  Keep in mind that Aixiz has a driver board in place inside the module - the DVD burner diode that you want to use is VERY sensitive to static as well - stay grounded, and have fun !

ok i have tested it it is good but can u now help me with a circut board and will 2 AA baterys work