Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BUYING >1W Blue Laser

Toke

Get the goggles before the 1W laser ok, the temptation to start close range burning before the goggles arrive is maddening.

And as said above the the amount of reflective surfaces around will come as a very nasty surprise to you.

@Toke
Thanks for supporting the cause. I think he got the idea. Are you reading, Danny?

ped

kk is a 500mw laser better =D

How old are you Danny? Most kids i know say "KK" , instead of "OK"

People think carefully before selling a Class 4 laser to a child.

How old are you Danny? Most kids i know say "KK" , instead of "OK"

People think carefully before selling a Class 4 laser to a child.

This forum is full of little kids.
All we can do is advise them.
I'd blame their parents if they hurt themselves with their lasers.

-Tony

Danny

17, thanks to the above for the advice, except "ped". just cause i say kk on the internet doesnt mean im a child LOL<<<<<< get it, no need to be more formal and say ok/okay, its a forum. gonna correct my grammar now?

ped

17, thanks to the above for the advice, except "ped". just cause i say kk on the internet doesnt mean im a child LOL<<<<<< get it, no need to be more formal and say ok/okay, its a forum. gonna correct my grammar now?

I was ASKING Danny, thats all...dont try and be cocky son..people will stop helping you ...quickly.

Danny, please listen to the advice everyone is TRYING to give you! You only get one chance with your eyes. You need to start with a lower power unit, until you get used to how laser light can so easily reflect back on you. And please get the goggles. You have no idea how strong 1w, or even 500mw of laser energy is!:tsk:

anselm

....-> Confirming ped's suspicion.:rolleyes:

This thread makes my shudder when I think of all the OTHER children, who
don't even start a thread like this, instead just sign up and PM one of the sellers.... :eek:
I hope you (1watt selling) guys have some kind of screening process, but then again,
"On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog".
:whistle:

This advice for you not to get a 1+ W laser as your 1st would be given to ANYONE who is buying a Laser and is New to lasers. Just because your 17 doesn't mean anything.

It's like giving a 6 year old a real loaded gun and saying k go have fun...

These members are spending there time to assist you and are trying to help you Danny. They are giving this information to help and assist you in learning about lasers. Later on when you know the concept of lasers and SAFETY they would be more than happy to build you one.

You should not be offended and feel like your being called a child and told you can't play with something. Because they are just giving information because they care about your safety. You came to this forum for information and you should Liston to it when you get some.

IMO you can get a lower mW laser that can still burn things and learn the safety behind it. You will be VERY surprised how dangerous the reflections are just playing with a 100mW 532nm or similar.

@Krogith
your eye will literally BURN if a 15mW reflection from a 100mW 532 reach your eye. Some people said throughout the internets that the pain is .. bad

Droyd

I remember the time someone got mad about being called a "noobie" and threatened to blind people

@Krogith
your eye will literally BURN if a 15mW reflection from a 100mW 532 reach your eye. Some people said throughout the internets that the pain is .. bad

Sorry If I didn't make my self clear. I wouldn't want to have this taken wrong.

No, I wasn't saying he couldn't get hurt from a 100mW. I was just saying to learn it would be safer and better to learn on a 100mW 532nm (AND HE STILL MUST!!! USE GOGGLES)

Thats why I stated
"IMO you can get a lower mW laser that can still burn things and learn the safety behind it. You will be VERY surprised how dangerous the reflections are just playing with a 100mW 532nm or similar."

I was in NO way saying that the 100mw isn't dangerous. And DANNY think about that the 100mW can blind you still with it's reflections.
You could go blind just by looking at the dot on the wall a few feet away with the laser your trying to get.

@Krogith
you get it wrong. 100mW is waaaay higher than you want your eyes to take :beer:

Thats exactly what I'm saying I don't understand what your talking about, I'm trying to say I agree with you:confused::confused::confused::confused: can't we all just :gh: :D

Last edited: