Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying 100mW Laser

It doesn't really have to be 100 mW, I'm just looking for something to have a little fun with.. Is 50mW enough to pop balloons?
Ah and the reason my budget is so odd is because that's the amount left in my paypal.
If you're expecting to pop balloons at a distance... no. I have both a 100mw green and 100mw violet blue (405nm) and both need a focusing collimator. My violet laser came with a focusing ring and I can burn pinholes, light matches and etch at 4-8 inches if properly focused.

For some reasonable class IIIB lasers, green , red or violet, you might try Dino Direct. That's where I bought my 100mw focusing violet. Took about a week and a half to ship from Hong Kong. About $45.

By the way, the violet laser is a pretty cool tool if you are a rock and gem collecter. I found what I think is a nice rough diamond chip about .5 the size of a watermelon seed. It was in some amethyst crystals that I picked up in Southwest Arkansas. Glows a cool pink to red under the blue laser and has a short residual phosphorescence. Real hard crystal so I'm not quite sure what it is.

Last edited:
If you're expecting to pop balloons at a distance... no. I have both a 100mw green and 100mw violet blue (405nm) and both need a focusing collimator. My violet laser came with a focusing ring and I can burn pinholes, light matches and etch at 4-8 inches if properly focused.

For some reasonable class IIIB lasers, green , red or violet, you might try Dino Direct. That's where I bought my 100mw focusing violet. Took about a week and a half to ship from Hong Kong. About $45.

No, no. I'm aware I wouldn't be able to do any of it from a distance. And 45 is too much for me. I'll have about 37 dollars in my paypal by the end of this week, and that's the highest I'll pay.

Don't be cheap when it comes to eye protection! If you can't afford the safety glasses you can't even afford to play with lasers!

Don't be cheap when it comes to eye protection! If you can't afford the safety glasses you can't even afford to play with lasers!

I saw a really nice pair for 15 dollars the other day, but I don't remember the link. They were nearly top notch.

o-like and rayfoss...are their lasers tested and do they have true output?
Because i dont want them to be DX-like websites. that sell laser with true and real 200mw stickers on them...but the stickers lie...

Another concern is shipping to the US.. Do they ship to the US? Will it slip past the law, if they do?