Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buy/sell/trade section sells good but cheap lasers?

So I purchased the 1watt spartan from dragonlasers for $240.
I look on the buy/sell/trade section here on LPF, and I notice people selling 1watt+ lasers for nearly half the price of the dragonlasers spartan.

Are dragonlasers CNI lasers way better than the ones sold by builders here? Or should I have saved $100 by purchasing a same powered laser from a builder on this forum? I am very confused.

Things

Dragonlasers is a business, they have to pay people to build the lasers, people here are hobbyists, they only have to pay themselves.

If you buy from people here, you take the risk of someone being a scammer vs a reputable company, but the same can be said about some companies too.

ARG

Don't purchase from dragon lasers, they treated RHD very poorly and I think took 40$ from him; they are not a good company to work with.

Also, the ones you buy from builders here are usually much better quality.

I heard dragon lasers was one of the more reputable laser companies.
What is RHD and explain what they did please. I have never had a problem with DL

ARG

kaunak

IMO the best deals are on the BST section of this forum. That doesn't mean there aren't good companies like laserglow/lazerer ect that sell good lasers.