Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buy a laser (beginner)

Yeah but I imagine 556 nm is uncommon and therefore expensive and therefor not a good choice for someone just getting into the hobby :p

532 is the most visible of the common laser wavelengths.

Jeez you guys are so technical :)

Yeah but I imagine 556 nm is uncommon and therefore expensive and therefor not a good choice for someone just getting into the hobby :p

532 is the most visible of the common laser wavelengths.

Jeez you guys are so technical :)

;) Well I am haha, but I understand you're point of view! So in-fact yes, 532nm is the brightest :)

Thank you again!

I have two questions, I see on some laser, it is necessary to use oil for maintenance, is this normal? What type of oil? Or find?

I notice very powerful lasers "808 nm". They say it is invisible, then what good is it?

Don't use oil, but pure silicone if you can find it. A good hardware store will have it in the plumbing
section. It's great for the o-rings. Petroleum jelly can also be used if you can't find pure silicone.

Yes, 808nm is mostly invisible. By the time you can see it your eyes are probably already being
damaged. 808nm is useful because it can be used to pump Nd:YAG crystals to get 1064nm and some
other infrared wavelengths. 1064nm can be used for metal cutting or it can be optically doubled to
532nm green which you can see.

Last edited:
DragonLasers.com also has good quality lasers. And they're reasonably priced too.