Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buy 300mW(+?) Red Laser

Haha great, thanks. Well just checking, I need to be wearing these whenever I use the laser, even if I'm not shining it at anything except the night sky?

Just use your head and watch out for reflections. Pointing into the sky doesn't require goggles. Don't harass anyone or draw unwanted attention (law enforcement).

If you decide you really want to try using a laser to light your cigarette, joint, whatever, goggles are a good idea. But if you ask me, pointing a high power laser beam near your face with or without goggles is just asking for trouble.

Last edited:

pointing a high power laser beam near your face with or without goggles is just asking for trouble.

100 percent agree. I lit my cigarette with a laser once, realized how much longer it takes than my zippo...I'll stick to my zippo, lol. Besides, how cool do you look going "hold on...no seriously just hold on, gotta find the spot...ok hold on almost got it...hold on...wait still not lit....hold on...there!"

Uhm, one other thing I'd like to add...

Red lasers 650nm (660 probably) don't produce a very good beam for pointing. Even a 30mW green produces a nicer beam than a 250mw Red.

Yeah, I use my red laser occasionally for burning plastic and stuff, but it doesn't really see much use compared to the green. ~200mw of green looks much more impressive than ~200mw of red. I do have a 1.2w 445nm (my first) on the way, so maybe the green will start collecting some dust :p

The green will still end up seeing the most use...

Nothing beats the 445nm for burning though (At equivalent power 405 does, but 445's are hitting 2W+ at this point, 405s aren't). Also the beam is quite impressive at night. I'm just a little paranoid with using it inside since the dot is so bright.

I'm just a little paranoid with using it inside since the dot is so bright.

Yeah getting some goggles for use with 1+watt of 445nm is a must, and hopefully radiant ships them soon, so they arrive around the time yobresal's laser does. Cause I really won't be pointing it around inside much without goggles on. Lot's of pictures, windchimes, glass tv stand doors, small mirror ball in my room, 42" plasma tv, etc.

Last edited:
Uhm, even with goggles, don't point the laser at your plasma... that is unless you want some dead pixels :)

I haven't really tried that much distance burning with my ehgemus 1.5W, but with the o-like 1.2W I was able to put holes in a garbage bag from 10 feet easily. I've also coincidently burned some small holes in a tshirt :eek:

The goggles sold by radiant are supposed to be pretty good, and their price is very fair.

Haha, yeah wouldn't do that. Just using it as an example of one of the many things it could potentially bounce off of on accident.