Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bushnell TRKR 750 *Broken*

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
EDIT: See Post #11. Unit has malfunctioned and is basically unusable.

Picked this up at our local Wal Mart last week. Original price was $75. I had seen it sitting on the shelf for months, just one left. Eventually they dropped the price to $35 and I just had to have it. :D

It is a very solid feeling light, has a solid metal housing that feels even more robust than the 3D LED Maglite I used to compare it with in the pictures. It runs on six AA batteries and features three different colored outputs. A 750 lumen (manufacturer claimed, I have no way to measure this) white LED, and also a red, and a violet mode. These can be accessed sequentially by way of a side clicky switch.

I was amazed at how bright it was when I turned it on, MUCH brighter than the Maglite, although I have no way to measure if it really is 750 lumens.

Not quite sure what the purpose of this light is other than just being awesome, seems a strange combination of colors.

Pros: Very solid, uses common batteries, very bright, unique colors

Cons: For the price, none.

The package:

1.jpg

The light itself, with size comparison with a Maglite 3D LED:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The business end: :D

image.jpg

Brightness comparison, Maglite on the left, Bushnell on the right:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Closer look at the colored options:

12.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Bushnell TRKR 750 *Pic Heavy*

Seems like you got a great deal. The violet might be far enough into the UV range to use as a black light.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Nice looking light E & E, glad to see that were able to get the lower price on it, too bad you couldn't wait for it to drop even more, but if your luck is anything like mine, someone else would have grabbed it first. :)
I'm not sure what the other colors are for either, but they do look kind of cool! Is there anything on the packaging that mentions the colors purpose?

The red may be for reading maps without wiping out your natural night vision and the blue may make blood droplets flourless for tracking wounded game.

Exactly, the red light could be for the use at star parties or late night astronomy events with telescopes. There's always that one guy that whips out a super bright white led.
Now, how are these batteries loaded into the host?
I've seen flashlights come factory with AAA battery packs but a 18650 fit perfectly and was recommended as an option from the manufacturer.
Good find.

Nice deal on that Bushnell TRKR 750...Looked around and they seem to be sold
out all over the place. Luck grab...
The only thing similar I found was at Wallmart in the USA...

Bushnell TRKR Flashlight, 1250 Lumens

at ~$49 USD. But they don't ship to Canada.

Jerry

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Jerry, that's too bad, I was checking Walmart also, Bushnell seems to make a whole series of similar lights from 125 lumens to 1250 lumens, and use anywhere from 4 to 9 AA batteries.
I'll keep an eye out for any good deals on these.

Not to hijack your thread E & E, but I found a review of a similar Bushnell TRKR 1000 flashlight on the "Budgetlightforum", and they seem to like it also, it looks like you definitely got a 'keeper'. :yh:

Edit: @Jerry, I found an ebay seller of the 1000 lumen version ($19.95) that ships to Canada, not sure what shipping would be though. -LINK-

Last edited:

Thanks BTG...
Almost pulled the trigger.. Then I saw the
final price shipped here is $42.62 USD or
almost $70.00 Cnd..
Still a bit too steep for me.. ;)

Jerry

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Wow, between international shipping charges and the currency exchange rate, you guys in Canada are getting the royal screwing if you have to buy American! :(

Wow, between international shipping charges and the currency exchange rate, you guys in Canada are getting the royal screwing if you have to buy American! :(

No wonder my butt is sore.....:crackup:

Jerry

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

An update to this thread, I have been having some weird problems with this light I wanted to make note of in this thread.

A couple weeks ago I went to use it and it was completely dead. Checked the batteries and they were flat. Kind of weird because I hadn't been using it much at all. Figured maybe I had left it on or something by accident.

Changed the batteries and it seemed fine again.

Now a couple days ago I go to use it again and it's completely dead. Wtf. I had only used it once in between. Tested the batteries and they were good. :( Something must be wrong internally with the light. :( I just left it on my desk as I had other things to do.

Now last night I wake up in the middle of the night to a bright light. It's turned itself on! :eek: I went over to turn it off and it was burning hot. It must have been on for a fair bit.

This must have been what happened the first time. No idea if this is a one in a million defect or some sort of design problem, but this basically makes it unusable.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Re: Bushnell TRKR 750 *UPDATE*

That's a shame. Sorry to hear that. :(

In a way I feel lucky, if I had paid the full $75 I would be really pi$$ed. lol :p

Anyone have any ideas about what could possible have caused this?

Rivem

In a way I feel lucky, if I had paid the full $75 I would be really pi$$ed. lol :p

I'd usually be inclined to say a failing switch, but the circuitry in a light like this would probably mean something on the driver/controller side. Not sure you can really narrow it down unless you were to open it up and go through it with a meter.

Encap

Call Bushnell and explain the problem and tell them you want it repaired or replaced---they will probably just give you a new one --maybe not even having to send yours back---you have all the pictures you can send them .
See: Bushnell - Contact Us

or try
Bushnell Outdoor Products Canada
140 Great Gulf Drive
Unit #B
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
L4K 5W1

1-800-361-5702
(905) 771-2980
Fax: 1-800-661-3254
Local Fax: (905) 771-2984

Last edited: