Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Burning flashlight

Benm

Something around that for ordinary lamps, perhaps slightly hotter for halogen but not by that much, less they are overdriven to get better efficiency (or spectrum) in exchange for -much- shorter bulb life.

I remember those bulbs for studio photography that were overdriven to a point where the average life was 10 hours or so - but with a increase in color temperature and still a continuous spectrum.

Another interesting aspect of halogen lamps is they also emit UV radiation. Nowhere near, say a double end (arc tube capsule only) metal halide or mercury vapor, but definitely measurable.

If you want a WHITE HOT and I mean HOT lamp, look no further than a carbon arc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3MIRtDIfMk

Last edited:
Something around that for ordinary lamps, perhaps slightly hotter for halogen but not by that much, less they are overdriven to get better efficiency (or spectrum) in exchange for -much- shorter bulb life.

I remember those bulbs for studio photography that were overdriven to a point where the average life was 10 hours or so - but with a increase in color temperature and still a continuous spectrum.

Projector halogens (special bulbs) definitely mirror those used in studio photography. Very/resonably short lifespan for good colour gamut.

All since replaced by plasma/HID or high output LED.