Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Burning 405nm diode from laptop Blu-Ray combo drive !

I'll want to show you my burning laser harvested from Pioneer BDC-TD01 Blu-Ray combo drive. It outputs about 90mW. Driver is my own modified Joule Thief and it runs off 3,7V accu.

Here is video of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d55q4ETDRzk

MERRY CHRISTMAS BTW ! :D

Last edited:

You did a pretty good job there.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost all up and how long did it take?

It costed me all about 10$ including Blu-Ray drive and flashlight and other stuff (lens, heatsink), and took me about 1 hour of time for putting this all together. I made boost driver by myself from scrap things.

Last edited:
It costed me all about 10$ including Blu-Ray drive and flashlight and other stuff (lens, heatsink), and took me about 1 hour of time for putting this all together. I made boost driver by myself from scrap things.

10$? Jeez, link me! :p

Sorry but I bought this BR drive as "Not checked" on Polish auction site Allegro.pl and I think the seller doesn't send the package abroad. Flashlight and 1mW laser (for lens) I bought in department store, heatsink and driver is made by myself.

Last edited: