Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bunch of 3 watt IR laser diodes for sale on ebay

Actually, by the markings on the back of the diodes they look to be Chris Huur diodes. And his diodes are a crap shoot if they are good or not. I have a few of these and they are junk.

rhd

Actually, by the markings on the back of the diodes they look to be Chris Huur diodes. And his diodes are a crap shoot if they are good or not. I have a few of these and they are junk.

Yep, they are DEFINITELY Huurer diodes. There are tens of thousands of those floating around. They are absolutely more work (to find the 1 in 20 that works well) than they are worth. Take a pass. (Oh, and not a shot in heck that any would be 3W if you hit lucky. Maybe 1 or 1.5W max)

Just thought I'd triple that^^ Definitely Huur, and not good quality. I have about 75 9mm diodes as well, two of which I bought as "808nm" 2W's... same exact markings/handwriting on back.

Blord

Do 3 Watt 808nm actually exist in 9mm package ? I thought they only produced in C-mount package for power of 1 Watt and above.

rhd

Do 3 Watt 808nm actually exist in 9mm package ? I thought they only produced in C-mount package for power of 1 Watt and above.

Whatever factory Huurer bought out did a lot of weird things with emitters and packages, so sure, why not? If we have 2.5W of blue on a 5.6mm can, then I don't see why we couldn't have > 1W of IR on a 9mm can.

Doesn't change the fact that these particular diodes aren't it ;)

Last edited: