Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bullet Laser COMPLETE! :) PIC HEAVY?

NKO29

Hey guys, ages ago somebody asked about a bullet host and it got me thinking... Finally i decided to give it a go, and this was my result:
Full laser:
xgck.jpg

hewh.jpg

Back view:
o8yr.jpg

Heatsink/Diode module part:
xnor.jpg

tus3.jpg

Other:
q2vn.jpg

bfqt.jpg

8mbm.jpg

As the title states, the full laser is not 100% complete. I still need to assemble the tail clicky switch and mount the Driver/Contacts. I also need to find a solution about the width of the batteries in the host... I need to fill some room within the laser for a good fit :) Thanks for looking, this took me about 2 days to complete because i only had basic tools, and the aluminium was VERY hard to drill :p
-JOSH
---------------------------COMPLETED PROJECT---------------------------
Note that my iphone has a shit camera :)
49my.jpg

5goq.jpg

31xk.jpg

Last edited:

NKO29

Re: Bullet Laser Host (90% complete :]) PIC HEAVY?

Oh, I forgot to mention the most important part... The diode is a S06j which will be run @ 480mA, and will have a g2 lens hopefully :)

sinner

Very nice, and unique .. subbing so i can see it in action! :beer:

+rep

NKO29

Very nice, and unique .. subbing so i can see it in action! :beer:

+rep
Thanks, it means alot since you are a professional machinist! The diode was actually meant to go in the host i bought off you, but in my waiting i got bored haha:wave: But yeah, this is definitely unique :)

sinner

Oh.. I hate it now! :na: j/k, If i was making it i would put the diode all the way in and add a round(ish) and conical focus adapter to match the flow!

NKO29

Haha it's too late to change the way the diode is in, and besides i dont even have a 12mm drill bit :spank: i had to file/dremel the hole by hand :( I really wish I had access the tools you have, it would make it alot easier. But i'm sure i can later on get a custom focus adater made *hint hint*:)

Oh, I forgot to mention the most important part... The diode is a S06j which will be run @ 480mA, and will have a g2 lens hopefully :)
looking forward to owning it ...i mean LPM for you ....looks good great idea not sure about heatsinking don't glue it all up if you ever what to tweak it there's no chance, let me LPM carefully first then if its enough mW then heatsink it properly.

NKO29

Yeah, the only part that will be glued is the module part, the rest will be tweakable. This host will be very rough in appearance because the bullet was like 60 years old or something haha. But i think 480 mA is almost at the max that you should run these diodes at without shortening their lifespan.

The host is very cool and looks pretty solid but I agree with sinner It would be even more awesome if you put the module in there and make a smoth focus adapter that fits the shape.

If you can't do I would think about shipping it to mr. crouse or sb else too make it.

I remember that I saw the thread about a bullet host a while ago. It's really nice to see that you actually making it real :)

NKO29

This being my first attempt it wont be perfect. BUT i can always go and buy another bullet and have a second go... Shipping AUS-USA then USA-AUS is very expensive and will make this whole thing not worth it in my opinion.

Good job :beer: cant be to hard on a first build right? :D when it is done give it a full polish. I bet that would look sweet.

What kind of round is this? 20mm?

Greetings,

Robin

NKO29

Umm the shot itself is 20mm in diameter, the shell is about 30mm. Yeah when i started this i literally thought "cant be too hard" lol. I have to think of how i'll do a switch and about the polishing... I actually already gave it a rough polish, but being brass it tarnishes in minutes!

Dont polish until it is 100% done. When you polished it and it is nice and shiny. Try coating it with a blank coat of paint (thin)

I allways find myself polishing stuff and then having to redo it again after working on it again lol :p

About the switch. Pretty much all would work but i would make it as small as possible so it still looks like a primer :)

Good luck!

Yeah. Polish then clear coat right away. You have to be careful what clearcoat you use, though. Some
will make more tarnish.

Last edited:

NKO29

Not to mention the host being round... Gotta be careful to not apply too much so that it doesn't drip. BTW i should have the driver in today, so i'll give it a test and hopefully upload some more pics :)