Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

building laser

hello, i'm about to start building my laser and i was wondering if there was a table or formula for the right amount of resistance for my 808nm 1000mw diode. help please :)

LaZeRz

Well im not really sure about resistance but what i have to say is that IR lasers are extremely dangerous if you dont have the right safety goggles and can blind you without you even noticing, i would suggest you start with a weaker diode but its up to you and if you know the right safety precautions.

jakeGT

you posted this in another thread also, on these forums, If you do not get a response in 10 minutes.... wait longer. don't post in every section hoping for a quicker answer.

go read my post. there is alot to learn first, you can't even see 808nm, so I highly highly doubt this is the laser you want. Chances are you were apealed by the 1,000mW sticker on it. A 5mW green (532nm) is 1,000,000,000 times cooler IMHO than a 1,000mW invisible laser.