Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Building first Bluray 803t laser without testdummy

Tabish

The diode isn't emitting anything.

Sorry, but whats the meaning of what does the resistance READ ? I'm actually not very good in English.

I mean when you put your test leads across the 2 points on the driver and set your multimeter to resistance. What does the meter say ?

What about the battery's voltage with no load? Maybe try a fresh one.

EDIT: Also, set the meter to test for continuity and test to see if there is a short across + and - on diode. Test driver input and output too.

Maybe you created a short by accident due to faulty soldering.

Check the diode window (the glass) as well. Visually, does it look ok ?

Last edited:

I mean when you put your test leads on the 2 points on the driver and set your multimeter to resistance. What does the meter say ?

What about the battery's voltage with no load? Maybe try a fresh one.

The battery is fresh.

I actually don't have a multimeter which i can set to resistance, I only have analog Amperemeter and Voltagemeter...

-> I've already tested with 2 diodes, and they look on the window

Last edited:

Tabish

The battery is fresh.

I actually don't have a multimeter which i can set to resistance, I only have analog Amperemeter and Voltagemeter...

When you set the driver to 100ma.

Did you connect the amp meter directly?

or did you use the testload ?

EDIT: Try this. When you power up the diode, connect your voltmeter between battery + and driver + input.

Do you get a reading ? If not, try with the testload.

If you do get a reading with the testload, but not the diode, then the diode is probably dead.

Last edited:
as i can see in the picture you draw a red wire on the negative connections and black to the positives.
red is positive
black is negative.
try again

Tabish

ouh :p

but that doesn't change anything, does it? :thinking:

Nope, it shouldn't. So long as you are sure that the red wire is connected to battery negative.

Btw, I didn't notice the red in your picture the first time. Saw it all as black/white rofl

Blue Lasers is right, in DC, red is always positive.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? :D
I only used the colors for the image, actually I only used black wires.

im not sure.i always use two different colors of wire,but try with red and black and if it doesn't work buy a new diode.
EDIT:i just try an aixiz diode with driver with only red wires and didn't work,so try with black and red.

Last edited:
Ok good night im going to sleep (Its 9:43 night now^^)
and go on with it tomorrow...

Tabish

The color of the wire DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!

So long as + goes to +
and - goes to -

Ultimatum, did you try my suggestions ?

EDIT: Nvm, gn. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:
The color of the wire DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!

So long as + goes to +
and - goes to -

Ultimatum, did you try my suggestions ?

EDIT: Nvm, gn. Let us know how it turns out.

The story goes on, now, I built everything up again, set the current at 100mA, read the voltage (9V) , then I connected the diode and measured the voltage between + of the battery and + of the driver input, and there was NO voltage drop :/ (9V).

Means I created maybe a short when soldering the diode, I'll check it again.

At least I'm getting used to that it doesn't work, I hope it will work once...

Last edited:
The story goes on, now, I built everything up again, set the current at 100mA, read the voltage (9V) , then I connected the diode and measured the voltage between + of the battery and + of the driver input, and there was NO voltage drop :/ (9V).

Means I created maybe a short when soldering the diode, I'll check it again.

At least I'm getting used to that it doesn't work, I hope it will work once...

I've tried this now with already 3 diodes, it can't be that all 3 diodes are shorted?!!
Maybe order one preinstalled diode... I can't find another reason why it doesn't work, probably someone can help me?

I've tried this now with already 3 diodes, it can't be that all 3 diodes are shorted?!!
Maybe order one preinstalled diode... I can't find another reason why it doesn't work, probably someone can help me?

have you discharge the capicator?