Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build Thread: 505nm module into host

I'm really not sure what the hangup is. Its baffling me. If the board has wires on it already you could twist connect and heatshrink the joints. I think Paul said the thermal paste is optional in this instance. I offered to help cause I'm greedy and really enjoy building and the first light experience of the build so I must try to encourage you to tackle this yourself to absolve my guilt lol.

Wait, so all I would need is slide the module into the C6 host? That's it. Really? I don't have any solder to attach the blank battery board to the wire leads. That's the only hangup. If all I need to do is solder the wire leads to the board then hell, I'll just ship it to me.

Also, dden mentioned I get the 2 element lens on this. Is it really that necessary?

Edit: How do I know the duty cycle on this module anyway?

-Alex

Last edited:

Haha well you have my info if you change your mind. I would suggest using the thermal grease but the SL heatsinks are really precisely bored out. 2 element lens and I'm sticking to it. Duty cycle idk I've run mine for 10 minutes without issue in an S4 host and another in a DTR v2 510 heatsink.

Oh and some solder on the battery board to the pill ring. Still easy AF.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with the two element glass lenses is that rectangular artifact that shows up with every glass lens I've tried. The uncoated acrylic lenses are the only ones I've found that are free from this thing. I just finished a 501B build using a 477nm diode several days ago and all the heat sink compound I put on the module was gone when I had to pull the module back out for a moment to reposition the wires. It was that snug.

The only problem I have with the two element glass lenses is that rectangular artifact that shows up with every glass lens I've tried. The uncoated acrylic lenses are the only ones I've found that are free from this thing. I just finished a 501B build using a 477nm diode several days ago and all the heat sink compound I put on the module was gone when I had to pull the module back out for a moment to reposition the wires. It was that snug.

So I just need the regular acrylic lens then, yes? I can't buy the module etc right now anyway. I don't have any monies :( :undecided:

-Alex

Hey Paul are the acrylic lens your talking about the ones that ship from Jordan? I'll have to try those again but I remember there being that reflection only slightly but still there if you really want to see it. Also are you using the lens holder that also comes with the module or a different one? I tried using the acrylic lens and the included lens holder but the holder bottomed out on the module before getting into the sweet spot. I suppose the lens could be backed out of the holder and a dab of glue could be used to secure it.

Last edited:
I have heard the same thing from another member here, but mine is clean. It is only clean with the uncoated acrylic lenses. They come with any module you might order. DTR's and eBay's. The lens housing is short. I use finger nail polish in the top groves of the focus ring as it is easy to remove with acetone if need be. The eBay modules are usually around $2.00 each if you buy at least five. They are all the same. I could send you one if you like, Alex.

Last edited:
I have heard the same thing from another member here, but mine is clean. It is only clean with the uncoated acrylic lenses. They come with any module you might order. DTR's and eBay's. The lens housing is short. I use finger nail polish in the top groves of the focus ring as it is easy to remove with acetone if need be. The eBay modules are usually around $2.00 each if you buy at least five. They are all the same. I could send you one if you like, Alex.

Thank you for your kind gesture Paul. No need to send me anything quite yet. I will let you know if I need anything :)

-Alex