Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Budget system

Hi everyone

For a while now I have been saving up and buying bits to build a laser show system. Most of them have come from China so have the 25k galvo kit which came with a show card, and yes like a fool got ishow unit. When I just use the show can demo it runs good animation but the ishow cards and software don't as most of you know.

So now I have seen the medlas mamba elements v3 at a good price but haven't seen any reviews of it. Can anyone tell me if its worth buying as its half the price of quickshow so could buy now where as I would have to keep saving for a while before I can get qs.

I'll try and get some photos of what I have built so far to see if its any good compared to some of you guys amazing setups.

Last edited:

Grix

He doesn't list it on his site but if you contact Gary (Hinged Newt) he can sell you a RIYA Multibus Lite DAC for $100, that's the best budget DAC deal you can find right now I'm sure: http://www.hingednewt.com/Pages/contactus.aspx

For software, if you have another $130 to spare, you should get LSX: https://innolasers.com/shop/index.php?id_product=18&controller=product
It's very good.

If you don't want to spend that much, you can get 5paghetti for $89, or even cheaper: My software LasershowGen plus ILD SOS, for like $55 total.

Last edited:
Hi Grix,

Thanks for the info I have emailed Gary to see if its still available. Do I take it that mamba elements is not that good?

Cheers

Duncan

Grix

Hi Grix,

Thanks for the info I have emailed Gary to see if its still available. Do I take it that mamba elements is not that good?

Cheers

Duncan

I don't know a lot about mamba so I couldn't really say, I think it is perfectly fine but I believe RIYA Lite + LSX is a better deal, I've heard a lot of praise for them