Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brightest Beam?

arm94

Ok,

I was discussing this with a few members on my welcome post but i decided to post the question here with hopes of more views and opinions.

I have an Aries 125mW and i want a more visible laser beam. I was thinking about the 1 watt blue Spartan from dragonlasers. However i want your guys' opinion on the laser with the brightest beam. I am not too worried about divergence/width just a beam i can see during the day/indoors.

Thank you for your time,
Austin.

joeyss

shouldn't 300mw-400mw of green beat 445nm up to like 1.6 watts?

arm94

i just want to know the very best, i was thinking i would spend up to $1000

i just want to know the very best, i was thinking i would spend up to $1000

You could get an RPL-350 for that much, and it could very well be overspec (probably will, but don't count on it), and being IR filtered, will be very bright. There's also the choice of buying a Viasho 500mW, it's the same company, Viasho builds the RPLs for Optotronics I believe, but Opto has tighter tolerances.

Viasho Group Buy Lasers

well im pretty sure 300mw of green is about equal to 1W of 445 so if you want a nice beam a 532nm is one of the brightest per mw

arm94

well im pretty sure 300mw of green is about equal to 1W of 445 so if you want a nice beam a 532nm is one of the brightest per mw

ok so if green is a brighter color wont it still appear less bright compared to a blue Spartan since the Spartans beam is so thick? Or is that not relevant?

ok so if green is a brighter color wont it still appear less bright compared to a blue Spartan since the Spartans beam is so thick? Or is that not relevant?
I think the green 532nm would be brighter but dont quote me on that :thinking:

arm94

See when i ask about the brightest beam it seems as though everybody immediately goes to green lasers. I dont know why but i feel like a 1 watt blue laser would be crazy bright. Really i think any upgrade from my Aries 125 would seem a lot brighter...

I just want to see the beam in daylight/indoors

See when i ask about the brightest beam it seems as though everybody immediately goes to green lasers. I dont know why but i feel like a 1 watt blue laser would be crazy bright. Really i think any upgrade from my Aries 125 would seem a lot brighter...

I just want to see the beam in daylight/indoors
Yes, a 445 is very bright, but I dont think its as bright as you think. When you think of 1W is sounds like alot right. But what about 1W IR, That is nearly invisible but it is still 1W. Some wavelengths are brighter than others