Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bomb Price: 405nm AR glass dual layer/lens fit AX/DX

alx

Hi Charlie,

Sorry for my late reply. I was out from town for 2 days! Now i'm back. Yes, of course I agree, and is simplier if you are from EU (M1 works better inside EU). In this way, we can short delivery time a little which is meaning short time to confirm my results too. Regarding your question, 2 test units available. Even not a must, tests become more accurate when you have more than one test unit (lens). I tested more units, and all output the same results, but is better for us, that other member(s) to confirm my results. So, if you want to test, and nobody else interested on second one, I can ship to you booth units. Let's wait 2-3 days, to see if anyone else interested. Else, booth units will goes to you. Agree?

Regards,
Alx

Last edited:

alx

here is milos' extensive testing I mentioned:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/jayrob-vs-larryfdfw-ar-lens-vs-aixiz-standards-37895.html
he is in EU too.

as well as me, and i have a thermal LPM too, by the way ;-)

manuel
(who still recommends milos over himself)

Manuel,

Is not clear for me... are you interested about one unit? If yes, one unit will goes to you, other to charlie...

Regarding tests, is nothing complicated or special required. All you need is a LPM, and few pointers: blue, and maybe red. The rest, is doing this unit (lens) :)

Regards,
Alx

daguin

Awaiting independent, comparison tests. . . .

Did Milos move while I was gone? I thought he lived in New York (US) ?

Peace,
dave

alx

I have a LPM, and am in the UK if you want me to test the lens. Otherwise, I might buy one soon

Hi Rob,

sorry about my mistake... in my hurry to respond I missed your post. Of course, you are welcome too.

Because I have only 2 units available, I think is better to have 2 persons testing it. The good thing is you are inside EU too. So...? Can we take a decission? Charlie, has been firm and asked for one! Do you, the second one?

Regards,
Alx

Last edited:

Krutz

ah, i see, you only have two units at all, by now.. i would gladly test one of them, yes, and have all necessary equipment and comparison-lenses. unfortunately i will leave for two weeks on friday, so it would take much longer than necessary. if you dont find a better tester, i would gladly test one lens, but have no problem to let someone else do it ;-)
drop me a pm, alx, and you get my postal address back.

sorry, i mixed it up with milos! it was IgorT of course, who is here nearby..
..who would be a good tester as well, if he has the time.. he probably is the one who experiments the longest (and most expensive) with 405nm lenses!

manuel

alx

Hi Manuel,

I sent you a private message.

Also, another good news: I think that we can have better price than targeted above (30EUR/pcs) ...

As I said, I will continue to try to decrease the price for regular series.

New targeted pice is 25EUR (after my last discussions with all parts involved in this project).

So, I know the regular series price will be 25EUR or near it! I can't do more now. After first order we will see if we can have it decreased more.

Regards,
Alx

Last edited:

Krutz

got your message, thanks alx!

unfortunately i will be gone longer than those two weeks now, vacation at the coast! yay!
so i wont take one of the only two lenses available.
whoever wants to test the second one, its available again!

when the sales start, leave some for me when i'm back! :)

manuel

Hi,
These are my results of a power test, conducted with a PHR-803T diode (I don't know the wavelength, but I suspect it is a little higher than the SF-AW210. Test was conducted on a Scientech meter (Thanks Dave ;) ) and left until the reading settled.

Power readings with PHR-803T:
Acryllic lens: 64.1mW (baseline for percentage increases)
Jayrob lens: 83.6mW - 30.4% increase
ALX lens: 84.5mW - 31.8% increase

When my 8X and 6X arrive I will do some more complete tests at high powers (as well as one with a red diode) and some beam pictures, but for now these results should give you an idea of the lens's effectiveness. Bear in mind that my JayRob lens has been used for a couple of months now, and the Alx lens was nearly new, so dirt build-up could have contributed slightly to the results.

Hey CB....
seems like the new ALX lens is up to specs as quoted...
aged phr diodes: 17-37mw with AX plastic vs 80-100mw or more with this lens (over 3-4 times more!!!).

I'm having a little trouble getting my head around that claim....
Could you test that 300% to 400% increase over the Aixiz plastic Lens
of a weaker (aged????) Blu-Ray LD as quoted..??

Did I read it wrong...:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
I'd guess this is at very low wavelength diodes only, but I don't have any aged PHR diodes to test it with.

If I understand correctly... "aged PHR" LDs means PHR LD that are weakened over
time.. is that correct..?? The Wavelength should still be around 405nm..

Wouldn't you get the same effect by turning down the current on the LD driver so
that the Blu-Ray LD would output about 20mW-30mW with the Aixiz plastic lens..
Then you should get 80-100mW through the new ALX lens..

I'm just wondering....If a PHR LD was putting out 20mW with an Aixiz plastic
lens.... What would the raw power be without any lens at all...

Jerry

Last edited: