Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Boken Blu-Ray

my blu-ray from jake broke a few days ago. :'( the solder from the diode to the circuit board broke when i was trying to change the battery! man double sided tape sticks hard... now how can i solder it beck together? i got a few pics but they are really blurry so ill do a paint diagram. its tiny and ive only soldered once and that was my kd50

Attachments

• broken_blu-ray_diagram.JPG
    broken_blu-ray_diagram.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 104

You will need to check polarity, so if the wires from the Aixiz are colour coded (red for pos black for neg) then all you need to do is trace the neg side of the circuit.

Your picture seems to indicate solder on the wires and the PCB so rig up some means of holding the bits together(clothes pegs and such) with the soldered parts touching... Get the soldering iron hot, feed some solder onto the tip and flick the excess off. Now doing one at a time, dab the soldering iron onto the joint for a second or two (you should see the solder flow) then check it has gone ok with a jewlers eyeglass (loupe) or magnifying glass.

Hopefully that will do it.

Regards rog8811

Switch

You could practice on some wires before attempting. :-/ Just be careful and don't heat it up for too long and you'll be fine.

Well in the diagram there's a violet beam coming out so it seems to be working fine, leave it alone. ;D

Seriously, careful with the pins especially if you're a soldering newb. And don't heat too hot! 250 degrees should do it fine.

freshert said:
[quote author=FireMyLaser link=1211697020/0#5 date=1211722093]And use an ESD-wrist band, static is your enemy.
where/how can i get one? idk what it is :-[[/quote]
Its so you dont have static when working with electronics.
Go to a local Pc shop or electronics store and they should have them
ESD_Wr4.jpg