Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Boblaser 532nm 200mW BGP-0018 Review

BOBLASER--Green laser pen,Green laser pointer,Blue laser pointer,Red laser pointer

This is an unbiased review of Boblaser's 200mW BGP-0018

Shipping was amazingly fast. It took 3 days to reach my doorstep. It was shipped via DHL from Hong Kong. The laser was packaged in a cussioned Laser Gift Box/Case. It was wrapped in bubble wrap and alot more bubble wrap around it to take up all the space in the shipment box. Here are some pictures below.

Shipment tracker.
photo_10.png

Box.
photo10.jpg

Packaging
photo_10.jpg

Inside the bubble wrap.
photo_11.jpg

This came with:

1x BGP-0018 200mW Laser

1x Laser safety goggles with a microfiber cleaning cloth

1x Li-Ion 18650 Battery with a Charger

2x Safety key

1x Safety Pin

1x Instruction Manual

Inside the Gift Box.
photo_12.jpg

Laser Safety Goggles.
photo_13.jpg

Laser Safety Goggles.
photo_14.jpg

Immediately after opening the box, I plugged the charger into the wall and inserted the Li-Ion 18650 Battery into the charger.

After inserting the battery, They charger light turns red. When it it finished charging, It turns green. It took approximately 4-5 hours to charge the battery.

Uncharged battery
photo_16.jpg

Charged batery
photo_17.jpg

After it finished charging, i placed the battry into the laser and measured the power output. At 10 seconds it was at 218mW. At 30 seconds, it reached 304mW. This is definitely overspec. It just needs time to warm up before.

photo_22.jpg

photo_23.jpg

This laser has 4 safety features.

Safety Key
Safety Pin
Lens Shutter
LED Indicator

Lens shutter: Open
photo_24.jpg

Lens Shutter: Closed
photo_25.jpg

Key Switch Red = off Green = on.
photo_26.jpg

Safety Pin
photo_27.jpg

LED Indicator
photo_29.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how big this is, See the pictures below.

Commarison with a can of Arizona
photo_30.jpg

Comparison with an xbox 360
photo_31.jpg

Comparison with another xbox 360
photo_34.jpg

Comparison with an iPhone 4
photo_33.jpg

This is heatsinked very well. Heres a picture.
dfgzds10.jpg

I think this is a very good laser. Great beam, power, shipping, and price.

Shipping 10/10 3 day shipping, Cant beat that!
Power 10/10 Overspec
Quality 8/10 Adjustable focus is a little confusing Heatsink is fantastic.
Feel 9/10 It feels very nice with some weight

Portability 5/10 It wont fit in your pocket. Thats all i guess, Holding it isnt that bad. Only get this if you dont care about easy portability, I didn't care so i got this

Customer Service was Fantastic. Kevin from Boblaser helped me out with everything. He answered all my questions ASAP. 10/10

In all, I would give this laser an honest 9.5/10

I've had two great lasers so far with boblaser. My other one was a BGP-3998. Link here YouTube - Green HandHeld Laser and i was happy with that.

Thank you for another great laser.

Thanks for reading,
Andrew.

P.S Sorry for no beamshots, I dont know how to do those at all. :confused:

Also, Sorry for the bad image quality, all pictures taken on my iPhone 4.

Last edited:

Congrats on your laser! :) Boblasers usually have a quite bad reputation. So I am glad that you got a unit which you like! Do you own an IR filter? If not; Would you consider getting one? :) It'd be very interesting to see how much IR it puts out.

yeah, i saw your review and i kinda want to take a chance with boblaser...their hosts are so nice...but it worries me about their reputation.

Kevlar

Nice review. :beer:

I love that LED indicator. I'd like to incorporate one of those into a DIY build. :evil:

Congrats on your laser! :) Boblasers usually have a quite bad reputation. So I am glad that you got a unit which you like! Do you own an IR filter? If not; Would you consider getting one? :) It'd be very interesting to see how much IR it puts out.

Thanks, Sorry I dont have an IR filter at the moment. Ill get one really soon and get some tests with it.

yeah, i saw your review and i kinda want to take a chance with boblaser...their hosts are so nice...but it worries me about their reputation.

To me, They're on my good side. Never had any problems with them. How did they get their bad rep?

Nice review. :beer:

I love that LED indicator. I'd like to incorporate one of those into a DIY build. :evil:

Thank you! :D

Last edited:
Never had any problems with them. How did they get their bad rep?
Thank you! :D
Crappy or under spec lasers, that don't last long. Maybe they have changed, yours is only the 2nd or 3rd good one that I have seen from Boblaser. The rest have been way under spec or only lasted a few days and some were even DOA.

I've had alot more "Pen Style" lasers which i was actually pleased by except for a 100mw green which measured 70mw because of a dirty lense. They sent me a new laser. Hopefully, They changed and wont send out junk anymore. I dont know if i got lucky. I guess their handheld ones are more reliable/up to spec?

Also, please add some beamshots and videos or pictures of the laser burning things:)
as for beamshots, just set your camera to a long exposure setting and hold very still.:) or you could just go outside.

Last edited:
Is there any way I can do that with an iPhone 4? I got some night shots. Ill post them now.

you can light a few matches (for extra cool factor, use your fancy new lazor:p) and just keep the iphone really steady. or, start up the shower really hot, and use the steam from in there. either will work just fine.

Vega

by sending emails to the sales people listed on their site!