Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

blueray done

k-9

i finely got my blueray compleated took awhile to get all the parts togather finding the right heat sink and all. here are some pics
bluelaser004.jpg

bluelaser005.jpg

bluelaser001.jpg

bluelaser003.jpg

bluelaser006.jpg

bluelaser007.jpg

:D

Sweet! looks great! I have to say if you did like me you will walk around your house in the dark to find whatever you can that is flourescent or glow in the dark ;D . The color is just amazing and when something fluoresces just right it's amazing. Now all I need is a foggy night to watch the beam, I'm too cheap to get a fog machine. Also about how much current are you running through yours mine is at ~39mA.

K-9 --- Looks good and congrats ;D The BluRay is fun looking for stuff as you report. What current are you driving the LD with ?

Mike

Nice, where'd u get that heatsink? Looks suspiciously like the ones used to sell 100mW red diodes and 25mW BluRay diodes as 'stage lighting' modules. :p

yuip

BlueFusion said:
Nice, where'd u get that heatsink? Looks suspiciously like the ones used to sell 100mW red diodes and 25mW BluRay diodes as 'stage lighting' modules. :p

Very Nice work, k-9!

Yes, I was going to ask the same question - they look very similar to the MaXYZmodules heatsinks. I would love to know where to get ahold of them.

Nice! I am actually getting tempted to build my own blueray as well now.
By the way, where did you find the heatsink?

S

SenKat

Looks great, K-9 !!! I'll take some of hte pressure off of you about the heatsinks :)

Guys - I gave him the heatsink ! I got lucky, and they indeed DO look very similiar to the ones that Maxyzmodules uses, but I highly doubt they are one and the same. At any rate, The laser looks amazing, Robert ! I may have to mail all my toys to you for assembly ! Hehehehehehehehe !!! Great work :)

k-9

ok but i will have to kill you all  ;D   ;D  ;D just kiding i got it from our freindly neighborhood greg/senkat

Milos

Great work K-9. I truly envy you. Hopefully mine will at least work when I build it.(when parts arrive that is)

Switch

confused said:
Sweet! looks great! I have to say if you did like me you will walk around your house in the dark to find whatever you can that is flourescent or glow in the dark  ;D . The color is just amazing and when something fluoresces just right it's amazing. Now all I need is a foggy night to watch the beam, I'm too cheap to get a fog machine.  Also about how much current are you running through yours mine is at ~39mA.  

When I want smoke I just burn some paper in the ashtray :p that's cheap....

yuip

SenKat said:
Looks great, K-9 !!!  I'll take some of hte pressure off of you about the heatsinks :)

Guys - I gave him the heatsink !  I got lucky, and they indeed DO look very similiar to the ones that Maxyzmodules uses, but I highly doubt they are one and the same.  At any rate, The laser looks amazing, Robert !  I may have to mail all my toys to you for assembly ! Hehehehehehehehe !!!  Great work :)

Thanks, Greg! Upon closer inspection I would say that they are identical. On their current eBay listing for a 25mW Blu-Ray module it shows the heatsink without the sticker on the top, and the screw holes are in the exact same places.

Marconi has said that they buy the heatsinks in bulk, so maybe with a little hard work I can dig them up. I'd love to have a few. :)

k-9

Hemlock Mike said:
K-9  ---  Looks good and congrats  ;D  The BluRay is fun looking for stuff as you report.  What current are you driving the LD with ?

Mike
about 44mA i all so made this tester from rog8811 diogram for dummy load tester for ddls psu works good pic

dummyload001.jpg

Gazoo

k-9 said:
ok but i will have to kill you all ;D ;D ;D just kiding i got it from our freindly neighborhood greg/senkat

I was wondering where you got the heatsink too, but I should have been able to make a guess and get it right.. ;D It is very cool looking with that heatsink. I bet you are enjoying the awesome color too.. :D

K-9 --
Glad to see you were able to measure your LD current. By my graphs, that's about 11.5 mW output. 44 mA is at the top end for LD life !! You might want to drop it to around 38 to 40 mA.

Mike